Ed Meierkort...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Meierkort...

Uncle Ed seems to have come down with a case of verbal diarrhea again.

"...We are the flagship of the state. We are the University of South Dakota...."

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/spor...cc4c03286.html
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Ed Meierkort...

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Uncle Ed seems to have come down with a case of verbal diarrhea again.

"...We are the flagship of the state. We are the University of South Dakota...."

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/spor...cc4c03286.html
    The SS Coyote

Comment

I'd laugh.

Except there are regents and legislators that agree with him.

Comment

Oh, let Fast Eddie yap. The Coyotes are playing catch-up and will be for a long time to come. SDSU can claim to be the flagship too (and has). The difference is that SDSU has the numbers on its side. The Coyotes are the flagship of Clay County. That's about it.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Once again, our state's "flagship" (really?) University is following in the steps of the state of SD's ONLY current, full-fledged D1 school. I remember the Jackrabbit FB team made a journey out here a couple of years ago.

While I do give U.dot credit for the FBS schools on their schedule - the fact remains that they also have and NAIA school - an NAIA school in transition to DII and a full fledged DII school on their schedule. (not to mention at UND school that may be an NAIA school before long if they don't pull their heads out of their RALPH's)

Comment

How about this one? It even has a red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Oh, let Fast Eddie yap. The Coyotes are playing catch-up and will be for a long time to come. SDSU can claim to be the flagship too (and has). The difference is that SDSU has the numbers on its side. The Coyotes are the flagship of Clay County. That's about it.
              We'll find out next November.

Commander Meierkort
              South Dakota Flagship

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                We'll find out next November.

Commander Meierkort
                South Dakota Flagship

Arrrrr, we be the flagship. Never ye mind that we be smaller and slower. Me and me pal Polly are going to row and row until will catch up to the SS Jackrabbit someday and then ye will see. Arrrrrr.

SS Jackrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                  Once again, our state's "flagship" (really?) University is following in the steps of the state of SD's ONLY current, full-fledged D1 school. I remember the Jackrabbit FB team made a journey out here a couple of years ago.

While I do give U.dot credit for the FBS schools on their schedule - the fact remains that they also have and NAIA school - an NAIA school in transition to DII and a full fledged DII school on their schedule. (not to mention at UND school that may be an NAIA school before long if they don't pull their heads out of their RALPH's)

Having two FBS teams isn't good either. The only reason they're doing it is because they have to use the games to fill their budget. It won't be possible to do this after this year if they want to be competitive.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

U-dot calls it a dynasty if they are just competative every third decade
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Oh, God, not the stupid "flagship" discussion again . . .

/somebody had to say it
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Man you'd swear that he thinks west river South Dakota is South Florida or something. There are not a ton of recruits west of the river. of them a few go to USD, a few go to SDSU, a few go out of state and add the few together its still a few. The key to the statement "few".

I get the make west river happy. there are donors out there and there are a few recruits. But if you follow the Journal or the TV stations they don't talk about USD at all, SDSU little, BHSU & Mines a little more if they are good, but really all what they care about is St. Thomas More, and the other 2 RC schools.

Comment

Maybe Ed was just misunderstood. What he probably meant was that USD "is the Falstaff of South Dakota." USD is a lot like Falstaff beer. For awhile it was kind of a player. Then a few years ago it just faded away.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                            U-dot calls it a dynasty if they are just competative every third decade
                            I think when it comes to football and history I don't imagine SDSU fans better go there. It would be a long uphill battle.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                              I think when it comes to football and history I don't imagine SDSU fans better go there. It would be a long uphill battle.

WHAT?

"You go first" history excluded?
                              "Jacks won 12 of last 15 D-II games between the two schools excluded?"
                              Last edited by NoVaJack; 05-17-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X