Nicholson 24-inning scoreless streak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholson 24-inning scoreless streak

Jacks closed out with a win today and Pam Nicholson pitched the entire nine innings of a 3-2 win. Her scoreless streak was broken at 24 in the sixth inning. Jacks won four of last six, good way to close out season.

recap:
    Pam Nicholson not only pitched nine innings the South Dakota State softball team's final game of the season, but she also knocked in the winning run in the bottom of the ninth inning to give the Jackrabbits a walk-off win on senior day against Oakland by the score of 3-2.
    Fittingly, senior Greta Stroh, who went 1-for-4 in her final game as a Jackrabbit, ended her career by scoring the game-winning run. The Jackrabbits other senior, Ashley Durazo went hitless in the game, but reached on an error and scored a run in the first inning.

Re: Nicholson 24-inning scoreless streak

The team has had a rough season, so it is nice to see them close out the year better.

Nicholson proved her worth through her pitching and base-running abilities and Stroh was a quality hitter at the top of the order. Congrats to those two players on good careers at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
      The team has had a rough season, so it is nice to see them close out the year better.

Nicholson proved her worth through her pitching and base-running abilities and Stroh was a quality hitter at the top of the order. Congrats to those two players on good careers at SDSU.
      I may be wrong but I think Nicholson comes back next year,

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        I may be wrong but I think Nicholson comes back next year,
        You are correct. I saw that the Jacks had two seniors and knew that one was Stroh. The other senior is Ashley Durazo.

Comment

Yeh, both pitchers back (Nicholson a junior and Seidlitz a sophomore). Good article on Seidlitz in the Argus Leader, and how she has been struggling to get past a frightful concussion. She was great as a freshman, and I hope she can come back in the fall with the same kind of success for her junior year.

Comment

Working...
          X