NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft

I am hopeful that Christian Ponder will be a good fit for the Vikes, but at #12? You've got to be kidding. There were several teams trading up and down in the draft and the Vikes could not move a few places to get another draft pick?

The pick that follows scares me. Nick Fairley could be a beast next to Suh for the Lions. It has the potential to make the Williams Wall ordinary.

Re: NFL Draft

Vikings tried to trade down and get more picks, but no one was willing to budge. Can't blame them for NOT trying.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

With the first pick in the 2012 Draft....the Minnesota Vikings pick Andrew Luck. Yep....I think picking Christian Ponder that early will work out just fine!
      Last edited by NebraskaJack; 04-29-2011, 12:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I'm just happy when they get their pick in on time!

Comment

The Vikings needed a QB and they got one. I find it hard to fault that. Good QBs are a lot harder to find than good DBs or lineman. Ponder's got a strong brain, apparently. That counts for a lot.
          This space for lease.

Comment

disclaimer-I'm not a Vikings fan.

I like Ponder, but I don't think he is a 1st round pick.

He is smart, but I don't like the arm problems. Weak arm strength, shoulder problems, possibly some elbow problems.

On top of that, its a deep NFL draft, you have Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernich, Ryan Mallet, Ricky Stanzi and others all 2nd round or later.

I would have went Dalton/Mallet over Ponder, but I probably would have went Prince or the CB out of Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              disclaimer-I'm not an NFL Scout.

I like Ponder, but I don't think he is a 1st round pick.

He is smart, but I don't like the arm problems. Weak arm strength, shoulder problems, possibly some elbow problems.

On top of that, its a deep NFL draft, you have Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernich, Ryan Mallet, Ricky Stanzi and others all 2nd round or later.

I would have went Dalton/Mallet over Ponder, but I probably would have went Prince or the CB out of Colorado.
              Fixed for more appropriate disclaimer.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Fixed for more appropriate disclaimer.
                I thought it was just acknowledged that everyone becomes and NFL scout/gm the week of the NFL draft.

I like Rudolph in the second round, just thought the Vikings had bigger needs

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  The Vikings needed a QB and they got one. I find it hard to fault that. Good QBs are a lot harder to find than good DBs or lineman. Ponder's got a strong brain, apparently. That counts for a lot.
                  It doesn't take brains to pick yourself off the turf after every snap. They did need a QB, but their offensive line is really bad. If your QB dies after every pass attempt, the Vikes are going to need to draft about 4 more QBs. Not picking on you for your post, I just don't think at #12 this was the right option for them.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                  X