USD education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD education

USD recently posted a highlight video of Charlie Westbrook, the USD men's basketball player that recently declared for the NBA draft.

The first thing I noticed was the quality education they are giving out down in Vermillion. Check out how they spell university down there.

Here's the link

Re: USD education

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    USD recently posted a highlight video of Charlie Westbrook, the USD men's basketball player that recently declared for the NBA draft.

The first thing I noticed was the quality education they are giving out down in Vermillion. Check out how they spell university down there.

Here's the link
    good find, didn't notice that at first.

I question why he has thrown his name in the ring. No smack even though it is in smack but if there was a legit NBA talent at USD they would have done better then they did. He was a JuCo player and again no smack, but if he was a legit NBA talent he would have gone somewhere else out of the JuCo. Maybe its just me but you begin to wonder if there is other reasons he is doing this.

Comment

What I noticed from the video was the all the empty seats in the Dakota Dump.

Players do this on occasion. They throw their name in the ring but don't hire an agent. It gives them a shot to get their name out there and get an assessment from NBA scouts and go through some workouts. Tubby always encourages his players to do it so they can see how they compare and what their weaknesses are.

If his dream is to play professionally somewhere than it doesn't hurt to start trying to market himself. He defiantly looks athletic enough to play some pro ball somewhere and he averaged 16 pts last season so it seems he can fill it up as well.

I hope we can find a JUCO player this spring of his talent level.

Comment

And really, given a choice between playing at USD or in D-League ...
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I doubt he has talent for the NBA, at least right now, but he could no doubt play in the Dleague. I was just wondering how much overseas attention they can get from this process, where he could make good money right now. I don't know the kid so it could just be he wanted to improve his game. Every year though there is a kid who declares for the NBA early even though he has little chance to get drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            I doubt he has talent for the NBA, at least right now, but he could no doubt play in the Dleague. I was just wondering how much overseas attention they can get from this process, where he could make good money right now. I don't know the kid so it could just be he wanted to improve his game. Every year though there is a kid who declares for the NBA early even though he has little chance to get drafted.

D-league players aren't slouches either and they're very underrated. He may have a chance, but it won't be a 'definite possibility'.

Josh Mueller barely made the roster and was only on the Sky Force for maybe a year? I think his local ties had a lot to do with it as well.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Here's the link
              I have to admit Mango, that is slightly embarrassing. But I even think what is more embarrassing is when the students at SDSU can't even spell JACKS right. Watch the film up in the football section where the TV station talks to both USD's AD and SDSU's Ad about the future of facilities on the campus. Stop the film 1 second in.

I don't think either word is hard to spell, but I would say JACKS would be easier to spell than UNIVERSITY. Just my thought.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                I have to admit Mango, that is slightly embarrassing. But I even think what is more embarrassing is when the students at SDSU can't even spell JACKS right. Watch the film up in the football section where the TV station talks to both USD's AD and SDSU's Ad about the future of facilities on the campus. Stop the film 1 second in.

I don't think either word is hard to spell, but I would say JACKS would be easier to spell than UNIVERSITY. Just my thought.
                To be fair, the chances of the C being missing (bathroom, talking to other people, concessions, etc.) is very high. I have been in situations like that where you have something spelled out like that, and when a letter is missing you look like idiots because people think you can't spell when it really has more to do with a letter being off somewhere for a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

Wow, good eyes. Guess i dont make it a habit of looking at the chests/stomachs of shirtless guys. I sure would have never caught that. But to each his own. (if your female, i apologize) Maybe they should pee in pop bottles so they dont look stupid.

Comment

To be fair, the chances of the C being missing (bathroom, talking to other people, concessions, etc.) is very high. I have been in situations like that where you have something spelled out like that, and when a letter is missing you look like idiots because people think you can't spell when it really has more to do with a letter being off somewhere for a little bit.

I understand and agree. Just like the student that typed and mixed 2 letters. However, it is smack, and you fired first, so it was only fair an appropriate response was given.

Carry on smacking.

Comment

Working...
                    X