Baseball!!!!! Social Group...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball!!!!! Social Group...

If you want to be in my group, just message me and I'll invite you. We'll talk about the Twins, and if your a Yank, and you wanna come talk smack....just tell me. I'll invite you too, and then I'll pray for you.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Re: Baseball!!!!! Social Group...

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
    If you want to be in my group, just message me and I'll invite you. We'll talk about the Twins, and if your a Yank, and you wanna come talk smack....just tell me. I'll invite you too, and then I'll pray for you.

I think youd better save your prayers for the twins, they will need it a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      I think youd better save your prayers for the twins, they will need it a lot more.
      I'll pray for them as well......in a good way!
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

What I need to do is pray for you rotten apples.......that He will send some kind of enlightenment down on you or something and make you realize your mistakes.
        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

What I need to do is pray for you rotten apples.......that He will send some kind of enlightenment down on you or something and make you realize your mistakes.
          whoa! who put the quarter in the "smack machine"!?!

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
            whoa! who put the quarter in the "smack machine"!?!
            I did. Why? You're not a rotten apple to are ya?
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I did. Why? You're not a rotten apple to are ya?
              no, no, no. just foolin' around.

hope we aren't goin' thru another season---when pitching is good, twins can't hit; when the bats show up, the pitching doesn't.

Comment

no, no, no. just foolin' around.

hope we aren't goin' thru another season---when pitching is good, twins can't hit; when the bats show up, the pitching doesn't.
                Yeah... I don't want to do that again
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

hearing talk---liriano's arm is not 100%. i'm beginning to think that it might be a wise move to close the door on him. see what you can get in a trade. kinda bums me out, cause i was rooting for the guy. you have to get a starter if you're going to do that tho.---no "prospects".

Comment

hearing talk---liriano's arm is not 100%. i'm beginning to think that it might be a wise move to close the door on him. see what you can get in a trade. kinda bums me out, cause i was rooting for the guy. you have to get a starter if you're going to do that tho.---no "prospects".
                    That's not how baseball works, though. Especially with Liriano's contract being up in 2 years; he's not worth ****. It's better to keep him. I'm hearing lack of off-season conditioning. I would definitely not bail on someone after 4 starts.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The thing with Liriano is not that he isn't 100%, he's just been susceptible to big innings this season. Case in point yesterday he gave up like 8 hits all game and they all happened to come in one inning. Once he learns how to survive that inning instead of letting it get out of control, he will be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        The thing with Liriano is not that he isn't 100%, he's just been susceptible to big innings this season. Case in point yesterday he gave up like 8 hits all game and they all happened to come in one inning. Once he learns how to survive that inning instead of letting it get out of control, he will be alright.
                        couldn't find anything to verify the comments this guy was making on liriano's arm.

liriano has this happen far too often for a #2 pitcher. he has a tendency to let the game get to his head. he lets his motion on the mound get pretty wild---still. if bill smith could pull off a good deal, wouldn't bother me.

Comment

no biggee with mauer on 15-day dl...according to an article. just a viral infection causing weakness and the sore muscles. i have heard some twins fans really bellyaching about mauer. contract/inj's. well, i am a big mauer fan---i wonder if some of these people realize what it's like to be a catcher---let alone, major league catcher. there is a reason why mauer has pulled of some "firsts" for someone that plays that position. i'd rather have the twins err on the side of caution, rather than have mauer get beat into the ground. i want him at that position as long as possible. i also have no problem with the twins looking at placing mauer at a different postion---down the road (hopefully). i think joe's smart enough person to know when the time is right.

Comment

no biggee with mauer on 15-day dl...according to an article. just a viral infection causing weakness and the sore muscles. i have heard some twins fans really bellyaching about mauer. contract/inj's. well, i am a big mauer fan---i wonder if some of these people realize what it's like to be a catcher---let alone, major league catcher. there is a reason why mauer has pulled of some "firsts" for someone that plays that position. i'd rather have the twins err on the side of caution, rather than have mauer get beat into the ground. i want him at that position as long as possible. i also have no problem with the twins looking at placing mauer at a different postion---down the road (hopefully). i think joe's smart enough person to know when the time is right.
                            The general frustration with Mauer is the fact he's hurt a lot. He's a professional athlete and keeps himself in great shape, but he's had a run of bad luck. I've heard him called everything from "Princess" to "Glass" to "Precious" on sportstalk radio referring to his injury issues.
                            This guy is way too valuable as a hitter to have him on the DL every season. I would be in favor of moving him next season to another position. Johnny Bench started playing different positions early in his career, as early as 1970, to save his legs from time to time. He'd catch 140 or so games and then play some outfield and corner infield positions. Why not ease Mauer into another position by doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                              The general frustration with Mauer is the fact he's hurt a lot. He's a professional athlete and keeps himself in great shape, but he's had a run of bad luck. I've heard him called everything from "Princess" to "Glass" to "Precious" on sportstalk radio referring to his injury issues.
                              This guy is way too valuable as a hitter to have him on the DL every season. I would be in favor of moving him next season to another position. Johnny Bench started playing different positions early in his career, as early as 1970, to save his legs from time to time. He'd catch 140 or so games and then play some outfield and corner infield positions. Why not ease Mauer into another position by doing that?
                              yep, you could be right. my uncle (who used to live in white bear lake, mn---resides in ariz and lives at bb spring training---fall leagues too) has followed just about all of the mauer's. if i have any questions on baseball, i usually go to him. he's very knowledgable on bb. he thinks they should move mauer now if they want to extend his career.

think this is the pivotal season for joe---as far as being a catcher. from everything i have read about joe, i trust he'll make the best decision for him and the Twins. i just don't think he will put his career in jeopardy just so he can remain a catcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X