Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

Jacks 02 is right. New thread is needed. I've started the last two and that has led to two straight division titles. This is, obviously, where someone brings up the difference between causation and correlation, to which I say: suck it, I'm the reason they won

I'll predict 87 wins and a close race with the White Sox to the end, which the Twins will win.

Lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Book it.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Re: Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Jacks 02 is right. New thread is needed. I've started the last two and that has led to two straight division titles. This is, obviously, where someone brings up the difference between causation and correlation, to which I say: suck it, I'm the reason they won

I'll predict 87 wins and a close race with the White Sox to the end, which the Twins will win.

Lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Book it.

Nice prediction......I think I pretty much agree, give or take a few wins
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Got my tickets in the mail yesterday. I was fortunate enough to not be one of the people with problems with the Twins site when ordering last weekend.

Question marks:
      Who's going to be effective between the starter and closer(s), especially a lefty?
      How's Nishioka going to fare?
      Health, mainly Morneau and keeping the very thin infield healthy

Book it:
      Mauer = MVP candidate
      Outfield is deep, good enough defensively and very good at the plate
      Pavano's mustache is sweet
      Twins drive Ozzie crazy

No division title would be disappointing. This team's good enough again to go back to back to back. Now for the next step. Advancing.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        Got my tickets in the mail yesterday. I was fortunate enough to not be one of the people with problems with the Twins site when ordering last weekend.

Question marks:
        Who's going to be effective between the starter and closer(s), especially a lefty?
        How's Nishioka going to fare?
        Health, mainly Morneau and keeping the very thin infield healthy

Book it:
        Mauer = MVP candidate
        Outfield is deep, good enough defensively and very good at the plate
        Pavano's mustache is sweet
        Twins drive Ozzie crazy

No division title would be disappointing. This team's good enough again to go back to back to back. Now for the next step. Advancing.
        This is the biggest thing. I'm going to be disappointed if the Twins don't win the division, I'm going to be straight up pissed if they do win it and get swept in the first round again. I'll take a 5 game series and a loss over getting swept right now.

Comment

Avoid the Yankees in the first round!

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if they don't win the division. This team just doesn't seem as good as last year's.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              This is the biggest thing. I'm going to be disappointed if the Twins don't win the division, I'm going to be straight up pissed if they do win it and get swept in the first round again. I'll take a 5 game series and a loss over getting swept right now.
              Yeah if they win and then get swept first round, I will be so pissed off.
              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if they don't win the division. This team just doesn't seem as good as last year's.
                I've heard that before. Keep in mind the GM.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                  I've heard that before. Keep in mind the GM.
                  I've said it before. Look at the 2009 thread. i predicted second. they got first. but like i said it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

I've said it before. Look at the 2009 thread. i predicted second. they got first. but like i said it wouldn't surprise me.
                    I don't think they are as good a team as last year, but I do think they have the capability to win. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Won't surprise me if they don't, but it won't surprise me as much if they do either.
                    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

With questions abound, the Collegian will be hosting a live chat tonight (Wednesday) from 6-9 pm about all things Twins. Join us for what should be a good time. Link to follow later.

Comment

Here's a link to tonight's chat:
                        http://www.sdsucollegian.com/sports

Comment

Thanks to everyone who joined us last night for a fun chat.

Comment

Well boys and girls, today is the day where dreams start again (I know it actually started yesterday but today is the real opening day for me). Heck even the Pirates are in first place.

So kick back, grab your favorite adult beverage (I prefer Grain Belt on a day like today -- a Minnesota beer to watch the Twins) and enjoy some baseball.

Play ball! and go Twins!

Comment

!

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              Well boys and girls, today is the day where dreams start again (I know it actually started yesterday but today is the real opening day for me). Heck even the Pirates are in first place.

So kick back, grab your favorite adult beverage (I prefer Grain Belt on a day like today -- a Minnesota beer to watch the Twins) and enjoy some baseball.

Play ball! and go Twins!
                              So excited!
                              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                              X