Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New offense?

Per Aaron Rollin twitter:

Already loving the new offense!! Leggoooo!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: New offense?

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Per Aaron Rollin twitter:

Already loving the new offense!! Leggoooo!
    Apparently we added a second page to the play book
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Might have heard a rumor about this the other day.....

"Spread" it out!!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        Might have heard a rumor about this the other day.....

"Spread" it out!!

Go Jacks!!
        If we really are implementing a new offense...the spread...cough, cough....what does that say about the QB situation...or maybe there is no situation.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If we really are implementing a new offense...the spread...cough, cough....what does that say about the QB situation...or maybe there is no situation.

I think it may say more about our lack of an "up the middle" running game combined with the playmakers(Kool) we have and playmakers(losing Minett) we don't have.
          Just my opinion.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Have heard a bit of scuttlebutt about it, but don't want to start rumors of any sort, but it could be interesting.
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Didn't a certain SUMoNE Run the spread, very successfully I might add, for three years in high school? I know, high school is not the same as FCS, but the experience is invaluable.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

As long as it scores more points, I don't care what kind of plays or style it is.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  Didn't a certain SUMoNE Run the spread, very successfully I might add, for three years in high school? I know, high school is not the same as FCS, but the experience is invaluable.
                  LMAO
                  SUMoNE did run the spread. Now the spread can be used in many ways, some people spread it to throw it and others spread it to run it. We must also remember that Coach Eidsness ran the spread at Southwest State, he liked to spread the formation to throw it. Very interesting and should lead to a great quarterback battle.

Comment

The spread can be ran by anyone, best example would be Coach Kelly at Notre Dame, he had Christ who was more of a running QB and then Rees who was a passing QB. at Cincinnati it was the same way.

Gabbert who is on film reminds me a lot of TOB (cannon arm, pocket present problems) ran a spread at Missouri.

Generally you decide to run a spread more on your RB's and WR's then your QB's.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      The spread can be ran by anyone, best example would be Coach Kelly at Notre Dame, he had Christ who was more of a running QB and then Rees who was a passing QB. at Cincinnati it was the same way.

Gabbert who is on film reminds me a lot of TOB (cannon arm, pocket present problems) ran a spread at Missouri.

Generally you decide to run a spread more on your RB's and WR's then your QB's.

Crist could run, but really isn't your prototypical running QB. He's got a very good arm, needs to work on the accuracy a bit but he is definitely more of a passing QB than a running QB

Comment

I openly wondered about this with the recruitment of Kline and Gandy in that one thread.

The spread can work many different ways... it can be a running playbook, or a passing playbook.

I'm thinking with Kool kind of penciled in as the starting running back( by this board anyway) we have a very fast rb, who is good at catching passes. And Gandy from his highlight reel... looks to be very similar.

It'll be interesting to see. We did run quite a bit of shotgun already, and ran out of it more than most teams seem to. So I don't think it's as big of a leap as some would think.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                          I openly wondered about this with the recruitment of Kline and Gandy in that one thread.

The spread can work many different ways... it can be a running playbook, or a passing playbook.

I'm thinking with Kool kind of penciled in as the starting running back( by this board anyway) we have a very fast rb, who is good at catching passes. And Gandy from his highlight reel... looks to be very similar.

It'll be interesting to see. We did run quite a bit of shotgun already, and ran out of it more than most teams seem to. So I don't think it's as big of a leap as some would think.
                          I don't care what formations we are using- whatever team speed we have we should use it.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                            I don't care what formations we are using- whatever team speed we have we should use it.
                            Well, depends if your speed if faster than the other guys.

If we're not as fast, and trying to run a system that utilizes speed, it's not gonna work.

It all depends on what your strengths are, and what the opponents strengths are.

Which is why I'm normally a proponent of a pro style offense, with a good balance. Throw it when you need to, run it when you need to.

Comment

Only 5 years too late, but hey it has to be better than motioning everyone tight so the defense has 10 or 11 people in the box, so we can run a dive. I have never seen a team motion so much, where the defense didn't react to the motion because it did nothing. Why would you want to motion to actually create matchup problems like the rest of the football world?

In all seriousness, this is refreshing to me, and I am excited to see ANY change from the previous offense. It is good to see some adapting to the talent that we do have.

Comment

Working...
                              X