Dale Moss official announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Moss official announcement

Per Dale's twitter account he is officially a member of the SDSU football team for 2011.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Dale Moss official announcement

Cool. Now we get to see whether he can make a contribution. Hopefully, yes he can and will help the Jacks win games.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

What position do you guys think he'll play?

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
        What position do you guys think he'll play?
        He played WR in high school and was apparently pretty good.

Here are some highlights that were posted in another thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMX_kxSBSxM
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I love how he catches everything with his eyes first, and uses his hands and not his body to bring it in. Most of the video content were pretty simple routes, but he used his body well to create space. Imagine how his 6'4" frame with four years of DI basketball will do for creating space. His ability to box out for rebounding against bigger bodies should create a huge advantage over smaller d-backs.

The big questions should obviously center around his ability to run routes and read defenses. Otherwise he may be more limited to the go routes as others mentioned, and he would still create problems with just those skills. However, I would prefer the complete package which will make him much more difficult to defend.

Good luck Dale!

Comment

I gotta say good luck to him. It won't be an easy transition, but that kid is one hell of an athlete.

Two years ago, Lorenzo Riley, a former NDSU basketball player, played his fifth year of eligibility on the Bison football team and actually played quite a bit at DE.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
              I gotta say good luck to him. It won't be an easy transition, but that kid is one hell of an athlete.

Two years ago, Lorenzo Riley, a former NDSU basketball player, played his fifth year of eligibility on the Bison football team and actually played quite a bit at DE.
              Wow...I didn't realize that. Good for him. I thought Zo was kinda tall and lanky...I must be thinking of the wrong guy??
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Wow...I didn't realize that. Good for him. I thought Zo was kinda tall and lanky...I must be thinking of the wrong guy??
                Yeah Riley stocky and put together. His best basketball feature was that he could jump out of a gym. Very good shot blocker.

Comment

11-24-2010, 11:12 AM
                  MikeHenriksen
                  Sophomore Join Date: Mar 2009

Re: Reasons For Optimism

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dale Moss was one of the best high school wideouts I have ever seen. I was very surprised he chose basketball. It would be great to see him give football another try. He had all the tools.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike had posted this in the "Reasons for Optimism" thread when regarding Dale Moss. He would probably know better than most.

Not sure how hard it will be to make the transition but the football team just added a tremendous athlete. Who's going to outjump Dale in the corner of the end zone on a fade?

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Well, with Kool going back to running back, this can only help.

Not sure if Dale will be able to contribute or not, but it would be nice to have a big WR who can jump to go along with Rollin and TT.

Comment

My brother-in-law and I talked about this a while back when the rumor first surfaced. I think that he can contribute if they use him correctly. If nothing else, he can create a few opportunities to throw it up to him in the end zone. If he can snag 3-4 TDs I think it will be a positive for the team.

If nothing else it creates another interesting story line to follow during spring ball and fall camp.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

At about the 20 second mark in the video, the player that Dale outleaps to get the TD is current Jack...Tyrel Kool.

Comment

Keloland did a piece on Dale with some video included.

http://www.keloland.com/videoarchive...ile=040811sdsu

Comment

Working...
                          X