Great West Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great West Tournament

USD women lost to the dang near hapless Houston Baptist women today.

The fact that a 3-23 (0-11) team is even IN a conference tournament makes me chortle uncontrollably, let alone actually getting a win.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncw/scoreb...=57&refresh=60
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Great West Tournament

Welcome to the Summit League Lady Yotes!

(says everyone in the conference)

Comment

WOW....way to show up.

Both USD's men and Women's teams will replace Centenary just fine.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Upon seeing that USD lost, I HAD to go read the game blog by Mick.

What makes the loss even more funny....apparently USD STARTED the game ahead, 2-0.

Houston Baptist earned a Technical foul PREGAME by not submitting the starting lineup in time...and USD got 2 ft's before the game even started.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Upon seeing that USD lost, I HAD to go read the game blog by Mick.

What makes the loss even more funny....apparently USD STARTED the game ahead, 2-0.

Houston Baptist earned a Technical foul PREGAME by not submitting the starting lineup in time...and USD got 2 ft's before the game even started.
          Pure comedy!!!

Comment

I just want to make sure I get this right: the SDSU women just won its third straight conference title while the USD women lost in the first round of their conference tournament to a team that was win less in conference play and had only three wins overall heading into the tournament. Am I correct on this?

Man that DI pendulum is really swinging hard to USD isn't it?

Comment

If the USD WBB team loses to a 3 win team in their conference tournament, and there are only 210 people in attendance to see it, does it really happen?
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Too bad the ESPNU TV announcers who covered the Summit tourney weren't there. They probably would have identified the losing team as the University of San Diego, and helped the Yoties hide their embarrassment.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Houston Baptist's Sagarin Ranking - #339 AFTER the win against the Yoties.

Centenary's Sagarin Ranking - #342

WOW.

To be fair, I truely do feel that Houston Baptist would beat USD 1 time in 10. BUT, that's not really what the smack section is for is it?

I was thinking this morning how I find it funny how one of the big complaints of going D-1 back in the day was that SDSU would probably never be elligible for any post-season tournaments ever again. Though it amazes me that year after year, SDSU has the one team that seems to be playing ball longer into March than all the other college program in the area.

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

According to one Coyote Fan, the gap between SDSU and USD's womens BBall teams was closing this year.?.?

Comment

Also thought it was funny looking at RPI for men's basketball that the USD men currently have the weakest strength of schedule (345th) in all of DI.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_448_Men.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        Also thought it was funny looking at RPI for men's basketball that the USD men currently have the weakest strength of schedule (345th) in all of DI.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_448_Men.html
                        ...and are barely above .500.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          If the USD WBB team loses to a 3 win team in their conference tournament, and there are only 210 people in attendance to see it, does it really happen?
                          Road game. You know the answer.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Road game. You know the answer.
                            But, technically, the yotes were the "home" team. This is a conundrum packaged wrapped in a vicious circle.

201 fans? Did Chicago State have a fan bus travel?
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I hear there was a good rerun of Seinfeld on TV last night. That might have kept a person or two from the game. At least total attendance didn't slip below the Mendoza Line, which is a Punto-like batting average of 200.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X