X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&S Dean leaving

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

Re: A&S Dean leaving

Congrats to Jerry. He was my advisor in the Communications department when I came to college and taught a couple of my television classes. He made the transition to college easier for me as a freshman.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

While I'm happy for Jerry in pursuing the opportunity he wants, I'm disappointed he is leaving SDSU. He's done a tremendous job over the years and he will be missed!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        While I'm happy for Jerry in pursuing the opportunity he wants, I'm disappointed he is leaving SDSU. He's done a tremendous job over the years and he will be missed!
        I am sure you are very familar with all he has done at SDSU since he came from the Journalism field like yourself. I only met him once when I was seated at the same table for a Foundation banquet. He seemed very friendly, and so different from Dean Schultz who held that position for a number of years. I had only one on one conversation with Dean Schultz and that was about changing majors. I thought since I got above average grades in math and chemistry courses, I thought my destiny was in the medical field. Dean Schultz often had a unlight cigar in his mouth, and this request got him chumping away and he told me in a very terse manner, that I had picked the right major to start off, with namely commerical economics and I would be a fool to switch. I often wondered if Dean Jorgensen would have told me the same. I think he would have but in a more friendly manner.

One question, how did Park College get to be such a large university over night? It used to be so small. It did produce the medical doctor, Dr. Alanzo Peeike who helped bring me into this world, but other than that, its been a very unknown institution.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          One question, how did Park College get to be such a large university over night? It used to be so small. It did produce the medical doctor, Dr. Alanzo Peeike who helped bring me into this world, but other than that, its been a very unknown institution.
          Park has about 7,000 students on its main campus, another 3,000 in downtown KC and the rest of the 24,000 are online learners, many of them military. I'm thinking the military angle is what attracted Jerry, who just retired as a full colonel in the Army Reserves.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Park has about 7,000 students on its main campus, another 3,000 in downtown KC and the rest of the 24,000 are online learners, many of them military. I'm thinking the military angle is what attracted Jerry, who just retired as a full colonel in the Army Reserves.
            Thanks.

Comment

I had Jerry as an instructor as a freshman. Must say, I thought he was a pretty good guy.

Comment

Working...
              X