All DI games for the MVFC in 2011!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All DI games for the MVFC in 2011!

No DIIs or lower on anyone's schedule, first time that I can remember this happening....

FBS(10)

Big 12
    9/3 UNI vs Iowa State
    9/17 WIU vs Missouri

Big 10
    9/3 ISU(blue) vs Penn State
    9/3 YSU vs Michigan State
    9/10 SDSU vs Illinois
    9/24 NDSU vs Minnesota

Pac 12
    9/17 MSU vs Oregon

SEC
    9/3 MSU vs Arkansas
    9/10 SIU vs Ole Miss

Sun Belt
    9/17 ISU(blue) vs WKU

FCS(17)

Great West
    9/3 SDSU vs SUU
    9/17 SDSU at Cal Poly
    10/15 ISU(red) vs USD
    11/12 UNI vs SUU

NEC
    9/10 NDSU vs St. Francis
    10/22 YSU vs St. Francis

OVC
    9/1 ISU(red) at Eastern Illinois
    9/3 SIU at SEMO
    9/10 MSU at Eastern Kentucky
    11/12 SIU vs Eastern Illinois

Patriot
    9/3 NDSU vs Lafayette

Pioneer
    9/10 ISU(red) vs Morehead State
    9/10 ISU(blue) vs Butler
    9/10 WIU vs Jacksonville
    9/10 YSU vs Valpo

Southland
    9/1 WIU at Sam Houston St
    9/10 UNI at SFA

Re: All DI games for the MVFC in 2011!

The confidence about the team has returned in Terre Haute. They have had sub-D-I teams all three years that Jacks have been in the league. Ind St. will not be the "sure win" that they were the first two seasons.

Great work by ALL the MVFC schools!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      The confidence about the team has returned in Terre Haute. They have had sub-D-I teams all three years that Jacks have been in the league. Ind St. will not be the "sure win" that they were the first two seasons.

Great work by ALL the MVFC schools!
      ISU blue will be playing a solid OOC schedule. From the looks of it, our friends up north have the easiest schedule this year. Two weak FCS opponents and one weak BCS opponent. I would think the Bison get 2 of the 7 needed with ease. The big question, can they win more then 4 games in conference play for the first time since joining. The other shot they have is to win 4 and beat MN? It may be easier to win in MN then to get that 5th win in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        ISU blue will be playing a solid OOC schedule. From the looks of it, our friends up north have the easiest schedule this year. Two weak FCS opponents and one weak BCS opponent. I would think the Bison get 2 of the 7 needed with ease. The big question, can they win more then 4 games in conference play for the first time since joining. The other shot they have is to win 4 and beat MN? It may be easier to win in MN then to get that 5th win in the conference.
        I think that people expecting Minnesota to be a push-over as in the past may be in for a surprise. Their new coach,Jerry Kill is an old-time teaching kind of coach,who brought in his entire staff that has been with him for years. He has ramped up the strength and conditioning program and is the complete opposite of Tim Brewster. There is talent there - they did beat 2 bowl teams(Iowa and Illinois) after Brewster got canned.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I think that people expecting Minnesota to be a push-over as in the past may be in for a surprise. Their new coach,Jerry Kill is an old-time teaching kind of coach,who brought in his entire staff that has been with him for years. He has ramped up the strength and conditioning program and is the complete opposite of Tim Brewster. There is talent there - they did beat 2 bowl teams(Iowa and Illinois) after Brewster got canned.
          He had a very good program at Northern Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Jerry has done a good job where ever he has been, and I was surprised to see Stig has had contact with him over the years. I suspect your comment about being an old time teaching kind of coach explains the Stig interest.

Comment

Working...
            X