X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Game Set for 2012

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

Re: USD Game Set for 2012

And the new hottest thread to eventually be moved to smack winner is.......this one!
    But seriously, good to know the date and have all that crap settled. And I love this quote by Meierkort. I think hes been checking in on us
    “Now instead of fighting about this game on the Internet, someone can actually win it on the field.”
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Here's the full article from TV.
      http://m.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.d...emplate=wapart
      “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        And the new hottest thread to eventually be moved to smack winner is.......this one!
        But seriously, good to know the date and have all that crap settled. And I love this quote by Meierkort. I think hes been checking in on us
        He was talking about Stu Whitney, wasn't he?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think its a great date for the game. For those of us who attended the NDSU game to finish the season in 2007 it was great to see CAS packed that late in the year. That just happened to be Nov 17th as well.

Poll on WNAX. Who is to blame for the game not being played for 9 years? I say neither is to blame, its just the way things worked out. Vote if you like.

http://wnax.com/
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Love how DomeCoach is already obsessing on the weather. SnowBowl, here we come!!!!

Comment

I agree. The date is perfect. The game will get a lot of late-season hype, no matter how the teams are doing. And it won't be a big distraction early in the season. Casual fans probably would prefer for the game to be in September. It's better to have late in the season, when it gets harder to sell tickets.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Does SDSU input their preferences for when games should be scheduled? For example, telling the MVFC that the USD game would be better off being scheduled toward the end of the season and not to schedule the game on Hobo Day.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  Does SDSU input their preferences for when games should be scheduled? For example, telling the MVFC that the USD game would be better off being scheduled toward the end of the season and not to schedule the game on Hobo Day.
                  Yeah, this game needs to join the NDSU game as a game with almost guaranteed 12-17K of fans at the State Game, and a total sell-out at the DakotaDome.

The crowds and the hype will show that adding the old NCC top rivals is good for the MVFC.

Comment

Thank goodness we can get this game in before the Mayan Apocalypse on the 21st of December. Or maybe this will just speed up the process?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

That one will be worth missing one of my favorite deer hunting days of the year for. Can you imagine the hype that will continue to build having that game at the end of the season. It will be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        That one will be worth missing one of my favorite deer hunting days of the year for. Can you imagine the hype that will continue to build having that game at the end of the season. It will be crazy.
                        I don't know if it will be crazy but the casual fan will certainly be interested. It's still a long ways off and we don't know where exactly the rivalry will be at but its sure to rekindle the interest of some who have turned their back on these programs with the move to DI.

I think the date is absolutely perfect and hope that it or the NDSU game remains in that last conference week for years to come.

I noted that we won't play Illinois St that year and USD won't play SIU. I'd say that's a wash.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Thank goodness we can get this game in before the Mayan Apocalypse on the 21st of December. Or maybe this will just speed up the process?
                          It will be the catalyst
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

This game regardless of what others are saying is going to be as hyped if not more hyped than the NDSU game of 2007. CAS will be packed to the brim and everyone will remember who our original rival was. In coming years I think both the NDSU game and the USD game will be taken with the same mentality of they're our rival and no matter what our record is we will win those games.

Comment

Hopefully the buzz surrounding the two teams renewing the rivalry will also ignite an interest in the MVFC from the casual SDSU/USD. Maybe that interest will then carry over to an interest in the games against SIU, UNI, etc...

While I like the rivalry being renewed, in the grand scheme of things USD is just 1 win of 7 we need each year to make the playoffs.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X