2011 SL Pre-Season Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 SL Pre-Season Rankings

I hope Ritchie was the lone vote for SDSU as #1. Good for him!!

Screw ORU...

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...CLID=205093891

I can't find it anywhere that SDSU is the REIGNING conference season champs...even the headline makes it sound like ORU won both. Maybe I'm just being over-sensitive?

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: 2011 SL Pre-Season Rankings

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    I hope Ritchie was the lone vote for SDSU as #1. Good for him!!

Screw ORU...

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...CLID=205093891

I can't find it anywhere that SDSU is the REIGNING conference season champs...even the headline makes it sound like ORU won both. Maybe I'm just being over-sensitive?

Go Jacks!!
    IIRC - Coaches can't vote for their own team #1. Therefore, highly likely that the 1 #1 vote for SDSU was ORU's coach.

Jacks seem to do better as Avis, and play to win. When selected as tops in pre-season, Jacks seem to stumble more than meet the lofty expectations. The article could have emphasized that the Jacks were #1 seed last year rather than the co-champion w/ ORU.

Comment

The Summit League story was underwhelming in it's opening paragraphy.

"After winning its record 13th straight league championship a year ago, Oral Roberts was an overwhelming choice to claim The Summit League crown in 2011 as voted on by the league's eight head coaches."
      Summit League Press Release 2/11/2011

It seems very clear from the remainder of the press release that it will be a two horse race. ORU returns 3 of its top 4 hitters. SDSU returns 5 of its 6 first team, all league selections, including preseason All-American closer Trever Vermeulen.

In the pole, ORU had 49 points and SDSU 43 points. The rest of the league was between 14 and 27 points. The only thing that was overwhelming was the first place votes 7 to 1 in favor of ORU. Until SDSU, or anyone else dethrones ORU from the conference tourney and gets the autobid to the NCAAs, they deserve those votes.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        The Summit League story was underwhelming in it's opening paragraphy.

"After winning its record 13th straight league championship a year ago, Oral Roberts was an overwhelming choice to claim The Summit League crown in 2011 as voted on by the league's eight head coaches."
        Summit League Press Release 2/11/2011

It seems very clear from the remainder of the press release that it will be a two horse race. ORU returns 3 of its top 4 hitters. SDSU returns 5 of its 6 first team, all league selections, including preseason All-American closer Trever Vermeulen.

In the pole, ORU had 49 points and SDSU 43 points. The rest of the league was between 14 and 27 points. The only thing that was overwhelming was the first place votes 7 to 1 in favor of ORU. Until SDSU, or anyone else dethrones ORU from the conference tourney and gets the autobid to the NCAAs, they deserve those votes.

Right on target again GH...rep points for you.

Comment

At least Summit League gets the tourney out of ORU home field this year. That should be the best chance to dethrone ORU.

Comment

Working...
          X