Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB coach leaving

From TV's blog:

More on SDSU linebackers coach Shawn Mennenga joining the Cleveland Browns as a special teams assistant ... The Browns called Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier on Wednesday, Mennenga flew to Cleveland on Thursday and he signed a contract after that. The process moved quickly, leaving SDSU with a hole to fill.
    "The first thing (Mennenga brought) was a lot of new ideas," Stiegelmeier said. "He had been a head coach, he'd been a coordinator. He was a guy that came to meetings and came to everything with seasoned ideas - they weren't just off the cuff. He had an impact on the program.
    "He also did a real good job coaching the linebackers. Very thorough, gave the players just enough - didn't handcuff with them with too much stuff."
    As for finding a replacement, SDSU is almost certain to bring in a defensive coach, but not necessarily a linebackers coach because current assistants like Jay Bubak and Clint Brown have experience at multiple positions and could be moved around.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: LB coach leaving

Jimmy Rogers full time assistant?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Jimmy Rogers full time assistant?
      I don't think we can hire a person that has not yet finished his masters to a full time position. I am not 100% certain on that but I think thats how it is.

Comment

Anytime you get South Dakota State and the NFL together in the same sentence its good for the university. It means they're hiring the right people. Good luck to him.
        Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 02-08-2011, 03:10 PM.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Best of luck to Coach Mennenga. Hopefully this leads to SDSU having another connection in the NFL. Would be pretty cool to see Coach bring in potential special teams players like Domino or Brodie to the Browns.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            Best of luck to Coach Mennenga. Hopefully this leads to SDSU having another connection in the NFL. Would be pretty cool to see Coach bring in potential special teams players like Domino or Brodie to the Browns.
            No question it's another NFL connection. It also says that NFL teams are paying attention to what's happening in Brookings. The coaching community notices that sort of thing.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
            X