Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yotes lose to boys named Sue

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...|text|Sports|p

I saw this headline and "Boy Named Sue" was playing on my Ipod so I figured it was some sort of omen and had to post it.

1-19 from beyond the arc Yotes? C'mon man!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Yotes lose to boys named Sue

I was going to add some smack to this, but I really couldn't generate enough caring to come up with something. Watching a USD-UND basketball games seems like it would be as entertaining as a USD-UND baseball game...wait...what?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty bad for USD. The Whioux are terrible this season!

Comment

WOW what are the yote faithful going to hang onto now?? I thought Cent leaving the Summit and Gaining USD was going to HELP the Conference RPI guess not
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          WOW what are the yote faithful going to hang onto now?? I thought Cent leaving the Summit and Gaining USD was going to HELP the Conference RPI guess not

No doubt the UM win...and just being the U. I've heard "Perception is Reality 101" is a required course of all incoming freshman at USD.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

something something something......................about a pendulum?

Anyway, watching the replay on midco sports net and Grius looked good and aggressive in the post, good moves. Otherwise players were reaching and not moving feet on D. If they didnt drive or pass inside, it just was passed around for a contested 3.

I still am bummed because Grius would have looked great in blue and yellow.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              something something something......................about a pendulum?

Anyway, watching the replay on midco sports net and Grius looked good and aggressive in the post, good moves. Otherwise players were reaching and not moving feet on D. If they didnt drive or pass inside, it just was passed around for a contested 3.

I still am bummed because Grius would have looked great in blue and yellow.
              I'll take the guys we have and don't mean to intimate otherwise but if we would have known what we ended up knowing I think he would have been in yellow and blue.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Who coaches the Sioux men, nowadays?

I always remember Rich Glas. He always gave it back and forth to the fans during the game. Seemed like a pretty cool guy... if he was on your side. He was fun to ride on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  I'll take the guys we have and don't mean to intimate otherwise but if we would have known what we ended up knowing I think he would have been in yellow and blue.
                  Thats the part that still bugs me, just a little, not like im heart broken, but the thought of Dykstra, Hemstra, Grius with wolters and feigen and white and supporting cast would be awesome. I am glad he stayed local though. For future of the program I am sure USD is glad they got him also.

I agree, if AC left earlier we would have had the him with the iowa boys.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Thats the part that still bugs me, just a little, not like im heart broken, but the thought of Dykstra, Hemstra, Grius with wolters and feigen and white and supporting cast would be awesome. I am glad he stayed local though. For future of the program I am sure USD is glad they got him also.

I agree, if AC left earlier we would have had the him with the iowa boys.
                    Of course. You can have anyone you want because you are SDSU. Gruis has said SDSU was never in the picture. He is a very good player, and my guess is he will be an All-American candidate his last 2 years. The progress he has made is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      Of course. You can have anyone you want because you are SDSU. Gruis has said SDSU was never in the picture. He is a very good player, and my guess is he will be an All-American candidate his last 2 years. The progress he has made is amazing.
                      That's a lie. He was interested. When Dykstra came into the picture and kicked Gruis's butt in the summer camp at SDSU they dropped his offer. Those two went at it HARD and it was a very physical matchup. Fun to watch.

That said, I understand you're thinking in that maybe he wouldn't have gone to SDSU. But USD over SDSU? I don't think so. Not then anyways. And I'm not knocking on USD, I just think that if you had a choice between playing for a team that could compete for the Summit League title and into the NCAA tourney and a team that couldn't, it'd be an obvious decision. This includes players that played for SDSU during the transition. Great opportunity to play Div. 1 athletics, but unless you're a local kid, why come to SDSU or USD during the transition? I'm very happy those kids played their hearts out for State, but I understand why players wouldn't come to Brookings during that time. Luckily, State doesn't have that issue anymore and soon USD won't either.

Anyways, Gruis seems to be a good player and USD is lucky to have him. State would take him in an instant I'm sure. Serious question: How is that kid that scored all the points in SD doing? Is he playing up to his potential? Did SDSU offer him? Anyone know?
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Of course he says that now, of course we werent after we pulled his scholarship offer then usd went into steal him. You probably beleive everything Meierkat says also.

Comment

I find it hard to believe (or maybe accept is a better word) that SDSU was never in the picture when according to several sources Gruis was offered and was considering SDSU when that offer was revoked.

Regardless, I agree, based on his performance against the current level of competition he may be a all conference candidate. I also don't think there is a need to panic about some struggles from the men's team. Transition is ugly and horrible and you just have to survive it. Gruis seems to understand that based on what I've seen and heard. He is a great addition to the program and is someone they can build around for the future.

Swept by the sue, that is ugly I must say.
                          Last edited by jackmd; 02-08-2011, 03:59 PM. Reason: All American is crazy talk, my bad.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            Anyways, Gruis seems to be a good player and USD is lucky to have him. State would take him in an instant I'm sure. Serious question: How is that kid that scored all the points in SD doing? Is he playing up to his potential? Did SDSU offer him? Anyone know?
                            According to previous assistant coach he was not offered a scholarship at SDSU.

Comment

Yoteforever, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant all conference his last two years and not all american.

Comment

Working...
                              X