Super Bowl National Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl National Anthem

It's time to pull the plug on "musicians" who try to make a grand production of the National Anthem by their interpretaions,and then can't even get the words right. There are kids who do a lot better job singing it acapella at our local high school games .

Re: Super Bowl National Anthem

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    It's time to pull the plug on "musicians" who try to make a grand production of the National Anthem by their interpretaions,and then can't even get the words right. There are kids who do a lot better job singing it acapella at our local high school games .
    The national anthem should be performed by one of the branches of the armed services. They all have organizations within for vocalist. And, while we are at it, how about the player treat the anthem with respect? I find it difficult to believe that they have no idea how they are to propery pay respects to the flag.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      This. This.

100 times, this.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think she generally does a pretty nice job, she's human, she made a mistake. I've sang the song plenty of times, it isn't easy as songs go and when you get a little nervous its even harder. So, I'm going to let her slide on this one although I will readily admit, I can't recall ever listening to one of her songs and enjoying it. I'm that darn old.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I actually blogged about it today on my personal blog page...

http://damnsportsblog.wordpress.com/...he-damn-words/
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I think she generally does a pretty nice job, she's human, she made a mistake. I've sang the song plenty of times, it isn't easy as songs go and when you get a little nervous its even harder. So, I'm going to let her slide on this one although I will readily admit, I can't recall ever listening to one of her songs and enjoying it. I'm that darn old.
            I am not even 30 and have a hard time enjoying her music.

Maybe if they sing the anthem the way its suppose to be played, maybe people wouldn't forget the lyrics as much.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That is one thing that impresses me at the SDSU home games. Before the flag comes out everyone stands and it gets silent. Anthem, then everyone stays standing and is silent till the flag leaves the court. Don't see that in most places.

Comment

Perhaps the SuperBowl should've had these girls sing the National Anthem, rather then the 1 they did have sing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCVS57j284
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Perhaps the SuperBowl should've had these girls sing the National Anthem, rather then the 1 they did have sing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCVS57j284
                  Only problem is, they would become the next Bieber pop sensation. Good Morning America, Today Show, The View, Oprah, Late Night circuit, record deal, national then world tour, reality show/movie...

I would hate them within 6 months.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Only problem is, they would become the next Bieber pop sensation. Good Morning America, Today Show, The View, Oprah, Late Night circuit, record deal, national then world tour, reality show/movie...

I would hate them within 6 months.
                    You should hate society.

I have no problems with Beiber. A 16 year old kid singing about falling in love with girls? Sounds about right to me. He's doing what he loves. The fact that he is shoved down our throats? That's what is annoying.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      You should hate society.

I have no problems with Beiber. A 16 year old kid singing about falling in love with girls? Sounds about right to me. He's doing what he loves. The fact that he is shoved down our throats? That's what is annoying.
                      Avoid the media, that's what I do. Basic cable. Refusal to click on links with the word Bieber. It's bliss I tell you, bliss. I didn't even know who Bieber was until about 2 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X