Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can take the kid out of Wisconsin, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can take the kid out of Wisconsin, but...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/307491/

Don't mean to pile on - because I know "kids, will be kids" - but I thought it was interesting to read when I was checking in on the online InForum.

Re: You can take the kid out of Wisconsin, but...

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/307491/

Don't mean to pile on - because I know "kids, will be kids" - but I thought it was interesting to read when I was checking in on the online InForum.
    If it was Spotted Cow... I'll forgive him.

Comment

College athletes that aren't 21 drink alcohol?!
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        College athletes that aren't 21 drink alcohol?!
        Exactly. Breaking the law is not that big a deal. I mean, we all break the law on a regular basis right?

Breaking the law is just fine and it certainly shouldn't be news when a scholarship athlete receiving a fee education does it. Ridiculous, I agree.

In fact, perhaps we shouldn't even consider someone "normal" if they don't break the law. Some laws are ridiculous after all.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

famous last words before 95% of people go into the ditch in Wisconsin, "hold my beer and watch this"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Exactly. Breaking the law is not that big a deal. I mean, we all break the law on a regular basis right?

Breaking the law is just fine and it certainly shouldn't be news when a scholarship athlete receiving a fee education does it. Ridiculous, I agree.

In fact, perhaps we shouldn't even consider someone "normal" if they don't break the law. Some laws are ridiculous after all.

Boy, glad to hear i am and was "normal"

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Boy, glad to hear i am and was "normal"
              I'll drink to that

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                I'll drink to that
                I'm going to wait until I arrive at the banquet this evening, then I'll drink to your drinking to that. I've got my ride home arranged already and it isn't my wife. The young man should learn a valuable lesson or he'll repeat the same mistake over and over again. Sticking his name on the front page of the paper should embarrass him and I hope he thinks about that the next time the opportunity to make a decision arrives.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  I'm going to wait until I arrive at the banquet this evening, then I'll drink to your drinking to that. I've got my ride home arranged already and it isn't my wife. The young man should learn a valuable lesson or he'll repeat the same mistake over and over again. Sticking his name on the front page of the paper should embarrass him and I hope he thinks about that the next time the opportunity to make a decision arrives.
                  Not to be too snarky (is that a word?) but I didn't realize the article stated he was caught drinking and driving. I read that he was ticketed for Minor in Possession. Unfortunately kids make mistakes, I know I did. Mr. Jensen made a mistake. How about before we tar and feather him we wait to see if he learned from this incident.

Comment

Underage drinking, especially in college, is not something to be too worried about. (Unless its out of control, etc.) Everyone does it, but not everyone gets caught. I've been to many parties with SDSU college athletes. They drink too.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Everyone does it, but not everyone gets caught. I've been to many parties with SDSU college athletes. They drink too.
                      Agree with the point that college-aged kids make mistakes. But I disagree with you that "everyone does it". If in fact, "everyone does it", does that make it right?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Agree with the point that college-aged kids make mistakes. But I disagree with you that "everyone does it". If in fact, "everyone does it", does that make it right?
                        The only reason it's not "right" is because our country has a ridiculous drinking age.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          The only reason it's not "right" is because our country has a ridiculous drinking age.
                          Yes ridiculously young, it should be reset to age 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Yes ridiculously young, it should be reset to age 25.
                            One of the reasons that kids in this country binge drink at such a high rate is that because of the drinking age. Kids in European countries grow up in a society where a glass of whine or a beer with dinner is normal. Because of this, they are more used to alcohol and drink it more responsibly.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              OK then.

98% of people do it and the other 2% lie about it.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                              X