2011 USD Football Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 USD Football Recruits

Congrats on your class. It sounds like you were able to land all verbals, bring in talent for certain positions and most importantly land talented student athletes. The USD class was pretty small, only had 5 graduating seniors, and we lost what I think was the gem of the class, in Issac Ales, to UNI on a late push. However overall it was a great class with some great young men and we will have a few years until production on the field.

Listed below is the link to USD presser on recruits.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...ELEASE_ID=6196
    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Re: 2011 USD Football Recruits

Looks like a good group. Having a solid USD program in the MVFC is good for the league.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I wish these guys the best at USD. These signing days are very hyped, but its good to see USD is spreading out in their recruiting area. Some of these names will no doubt be on the All conference list down the road.

Comment

I want to point out that these guys are Great West Recruits

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Huh?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I am fairly certain that no future conference affiliations were ever mentioned on the recruiting trail. Those Great West Recruits that were looking at playing in Utah and California are going to be awfully disappointed when they find out they will have to play closer to home instead.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Ponit Takne.
              Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

There are a few big time recruits in that class. It appears they hit some aces at QB, WR, and on both lines.

The players that I envy most is Emanuel Cromuel - DL, 6-2, 293, Tampa, Florida. That kid looks like a beast and was a 3-year starter for a team that ended the season ranked #17 in the nation according to ESPN.

Comment

It looks like the Huskers are at it again. This time it wasn't their football team that stole a recruit at the last minute. The Coyotes have lost Quentin Urban to the Husker baseball program. According to the Omaha World Herald, he will be roaming the outfield for Darren Erstad's Huskers instead of the football field for Meirkort's Coyotes.

http://www.omaha.com/article/2011062...to-the-diamond

This is a loss for the MVFC and the Coyotes. He would have been an excellent asset for their program as their program moves forward.

Comment

Kid looked like a stud. That's too bad, but should be flattering for the U. (although it still sucks!)

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    It looks like the Huskers are at it again. This time it wasn't their football team that stole a recruit at the last minute. The Coyotes have lost Quentin Urban to the Husker baseball program. According to the Omaha World Herald, he will be roaming the outfield for Darren Erstad's Huskers instead of the football field for Meirkort's Coyotes.

http://www.omaha.com/article/2011062...to-the-diamond

This is a loss for the MVFC and the Coyotes. He would have been an excellent asset for their program as their program moves forward.

Comment

I really can't blame those that transfer out of the Yotes program. As much as I would like to believe different the facts are that the Athletic department isn't committed to winning or financing the program as well as they should. The fans are way too accepting of losing football so that is likely what they will continue to receive. The Yotes had their 3 year span of above average football. Back to 10-15 more years of losing football. It's gonna be tough to remain a dedicated fan through the type of football that I expect for at least the next 2-3 years.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        I really can't blame those that transfer out of the Yotes program. As much as I would like to believe different the facts are that the Athletic department isn't committed to winning or financing the program as well as they should. The fans are way too accepting of losing football so that is likely what they will continue to receive. The Yotes had their 3 year span of above average football. Back to 10-15 more years of losing football. It's gonna be tough to remain a dedicated fan through the type of football that I expect for at least the next 2-3 years.
                        I agree with all you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I agree with all you said.
                          I don't. First of all, I would never throw our team, coach, or AD under the bus on a rivals board. Coyote Fan is highly criticized on our board so he vents on your board. I have no idea if we are ready for the MVC yet, but the facts are we have a decent amount of talent on our team, and our recruiting class is getting better. The proof will be in the pudding so to speak when we join the league next year. I think we'll compete, but if not, you can bet our AD will make the changes necessary to at least make the move to compete.

I have seen SDSU, UNI, and NDSU all play in the last 2 years, and it appears to me we are close, but not quite there. I am not going to go out and predict "squat" because I really don't know. I do understand teh rigors of playing in a tough league week after week and the toll it takes. I think you as a team have experienced that last year. To win or compete closely for a title, you need alot of breaks and a fair amount of good luck in addition to a good team.

This post is no reflection of Jacks football, because as most of you know, I have been a supporter of your teams when they don't play USD. I am just sick of Coyote Fan coming to the "enemy" board and saying something that is wrong but yet will gain favor with you all. I am looking forward to meeting many of you next November, and I will gladly host you in '13 prior to the game. Nidaros, assuming you and I have similar heritage, I will bring you some herring or lutefisk. haha

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            , I will bring you some herring or lutefisk. haha
                            Please don't take the lutefisk into the building. Even when it had an air suspended roof, I think that would have overtasked the ventilation system!
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              I don't. First of all, I would never throw our team, coach, or AD under the bus on a rivals board. Coyote Fan is highly criticized on our board so he vents on your board. I have no idea if we are ready for the MVC yet, but the facts are we have a decent amount of talent on our team, and our recruiting class is getting better. The proof will be in the pudding so to speak when we join the league next year. I think we'll compete, but if not, you can bet our AD will make the changes necessary to at least make the move to compete.

I have seen SDSU, UNI, and NDSU all play in the last 2 years, and it appears to me we are close, but not quite there. I am not going to go out and predict "squat" because I really don't know. I do understand teh rigors of playing in a tough league week after week and the toll it takes. I think you as a team have experienced that last year. To win or compete closely for a title, you need alot of breaks and a fair amount of good luck in addition to a good team.

This post is no reflection of Jacks football, because as most of you know, I have been a supporter of your teams when they don't play USD. I am just sick of Coyote Fan coming to the "enemy" board and saying something that is wrong but yet will gain favor with you all. I am looking forward to meeting many of you next November, and I will gladly host you in '13 prior to the game. Nidaros, assuming you and I have similar heritage, I will bring you some herring or lutefisk. haha
                              I am as brutally honest as they come. I am disliked by most on that board because I say the things that many people think but don't say. People say I only focus on the negative but yet they only focus on those same things themselves when it comes to my writings. Never will people respond to my supportive posts but always will they respond to what they perceive as negative that I perceive as just the truth. I was basically driven off that board by the admin and many of the members that PM'd me to leave the board. I wish success to Coyote Athletics but my hope is that the goyotes.net board fails miserably and it definately won't even include me as a member again which is exactly what most on that board want. They want their peace and quiet and that is exactly what they are getting for the most part, especially the quiet part.

I guess if the goal of most USD people is to drive away their best and most dedicated fans than should they really be surprised if those same fans do a little turning on those that turned on them. USD fans accepted losing football for 15 years with barely saying a peep. USD fans can and may go through the same losing time period and will be completely be ok with it and/or simply don't show up to games like was the case for the entire decade of the 90's.

So when the Jacks resume in pummeling the Yotes most of the time they play in the coming years Yote fans will take it in stride. If the same thing happened to the Jacks heads would roll and jobs would be lost. That is the difference in the two fan bases.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                              X