Tailgating bill shot down in committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating bill shot down in committee

In North Dakota a bill to ban tailgating was introduced and it appears to have not made it through committee. A 13 to 15 do not pass recommendation. It looks like TAB will still get to wear his bright yellow coat for another season. Not a smack statement but a statement of fact.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Re: Tailgating bill shot down in committee

It is an embarrassment that the bill was even brought up. I can't believe there was a bill submitted to make me quit wearing the coat.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      It is an embarrassment that the bill was even brought up. I can't believe there was a bill submitted to make me quit wearing the coat.
      As the article states, those who brought it up are concerned with underage drinking, something that is a concern in the Backyard at Brookings as well, but a total ban is hardly the answer. Getting a beer at age 13 did not stop me even though there were laws prohibiting it at the time. Long story which I will not bore you with. Bring that yellar coat down to Brookings next fall, I will be looking forward to seeing it in person.

Comment

You bet. I should be easy to spot. On a side note, we had extra fur left over after the coats were made for my wife and I. We are using the left over fur to make coats for my 3 year old twins to wear out at tailgating. They will most likely not be attending the Jacks/Bison game, though.

Comment

Haha that's ridiculous. Banning tailgating would stop underage drinking as much the actual age limit.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I wish the Minnesota and South Dakota legislatures didn't have trivial things like budget woes to waste their time on,so they could spend their time and energy,and our money,dealing with important issues like this.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I wish the Minnesota and South Dakota legislatures didn't have trivial things like budget woes to waste their time on,so they could spend their time and energy,and our money,dealing with important issues like this.
              Or with forcing NDSU and USD to play by law. Last I read it was even an NDSU grad in the legislature that was bringing it up.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Or with forcing NDSU and USD to play by law. Last I read it was even an NDSU grad in the legislature that was bringing it up.
                I'm all for legislation to force NDSU and USD to play . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I'm all for legislation to force NDSU and USD to play . . .
                  ahh, you know what I meant, UND USD, whats the difference. not much if you ask me, but that would be something to force them to play USD.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

ahh, you know what I meant, UND USD, whats the difference. not much if you ask me, but that would be something to force them to play USD.
                    Well in a few years we'll both be forced to play USD...starting next year for most sports actually.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                      Well in a few years we'll both be forced to play USD...starting next year for most sports actually.
                      Yeah, I hate it when reality messes up a good joke line . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        I think you missed the joke, but your an NDSU fan so ill let it slide

Comment

I think you missed the joke, but your an NDSU fan so ill let it slide

well you typed it wrong and became the joke
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                            well you typed it wrong and became the joke
                            And unlike some, can apparently take a joke in good humor . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              And unlike some, can apparently take a joke in good humor . . .
                              relax, just a gentle jab at goon (because I love the screen name and his avatar)
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                              X