Important announcement coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important announcement coming

Expect an important announcement coming for the SDSU volleyball program tomorrow (Thursday).

Re: Important announcement coming

I really like chicken and/or steak with potatos.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Expect an important announcement coming for the SDSU volleyball program tomorrow (Thursday).
      In today's Argus Leader, TV has an article about Nanabah resigning her position, citing family reasons.
      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
        In today's Argus Leader, TV has an article about Nanabah resigning her position, citing family reasons.
        Can anyone say Phil McDaniel? Phil would be a great replacement. If you VB fans remember he was an assistant under Andrew Palalieo (sp). Doing an outstanding job at Drake. Married a lady from Brookings and I know he would love to return. I for one would welcome him back.

Best of everything to Coach Brewer. Certainly a surprise as she has the program going in the right direction.

GBGBGJ

Comment

GoJacks announcement

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205076023

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            Best of everything to Coach Brewer. Certainly a surprise as she has the program going in the right direction.

GBGBGJ
            Visited with her yesterday, but didn't feel it proper to release the info until it was officially released (hence the alert instead of the specifics). With the new baby and two other children, she said it was really hard to resign but felt that she was missing out on time with the children and needed to put that first.

The timing is good because it will allow a new coach to be aboard for the team's spring season. The new coach will have a pretty good team awaiting!

And yes...if Phil McDaniel applies, he would be an excellent choice!
            Last edited by Jacks#1Fan; 01-13-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Here's a thank you to Nana for the time she's spent here coaching, & wishing her the best for the future.

Comment

nana nananana hey hey ........

Sorry - couldn't resist.
                USD Fan

Comment

So will this be Sell's first head coaching hire?
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                    So will this be Sell's first head coaching hire?
                    I thought he officially hired Ritchie Price?? I'm not 100% on that.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      I thought he officially hired Ritchie Price?? I'm not 100% on that.

Go Jacks!!
                      I believe that is correct. Seems like Reggie left before Fred and Ritchie was acting head coach for a year, and it was on Sells watch that Ritchie was hired. I think that choice was real easy much easier than the one he will soon partake in.

Comment

So I'll re-phrase...first full blown search for Sell without an interim head coach already in place
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                          So I'll re-phrase...first full blown search for Sell without an interim head coach already in place

Yes...it would be his first full-blown search, but I have a feeling if Phil McDaniel were to apply...it would be about as easy of a decision as Ritchie was.

Go Jacks!!
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                            Yes...it would be his first full-blown search, but I have a feeling if Phil McDaniel were to apply...it would be about as easy of a decision as Ritchie was.

Go Jacks!!
                            I would love to see Phil back in Brookings and he would be a great get. But don't be surprised if other considerations are at work here (depending on who applies of course). SDSU has 21 sports, including 11 women's sports, and currently has only one female head coach. That could be a factor here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              I would love to see Phil back in Brookings and he would be a great get. But don't be surprised if other considerations are at work here (depending on who applies of course). SDSU has 21 sports, including 11 women's sports, and currently has only one female head coach. That could be a factor here.
                              I don't agree with the thought process of 'Oh no we only have one female coach we need more' (applies to races as well).

The best candidate should get the job whether they be male or female.....black, white, native american, etc.

I find it pointless that NFL teams MUST interview a minority head coach. A couple years ago a team (can't remember which one) knew what guy they wanted. Hired him and I believe got in trouble for not interviewing a minority. I would be offended if the only reason I was interview was because the potential employer was 'required to'.

Comment

Working...
                              X