Who should The Gents beat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should The Gents beat?

Our friend, Hoopsdude18, an Oakland Grizzly fan, has an informative blog "Golden Grizzlies Gameplan" with objective information and comment (see link to the blog posted by Hoopsdude18 in this message board's The Summit League topic under the thread "Summit League OOC Wins"). In recapping the out of conference schedule/results of the Summit League teams, Hoopsdude reports Centenary was winless but he adds "Only the coldest of hearts would wish a winless season on this program, so here's to hoping the Gents can pick up a win or two in January and February."

Time for a poll. If Centenary can get at least one conference win, who should it be against? (If there's only one vote for IPFW, we'll know filbert participated in the poll.)

The teams are listed in the same order their names appear on The Summit League website.
    IPFW
    1.85%
    IUPUI
    1.85%
    UMKC
    1.85%
    NDSU
    46.30%
    Oakland U
    16.67%
    ORU
    14.81%
    SDSU
    3.70%
    SUU
    1.85%
    WIU
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

Re: Who should The Gents beat?

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Our friend, Hoopsdude18, an Oakland Grizzly fan, has an informative blog "Golden Grizzlies Gameplan" with objective information and comment (see link to the blog posted by Hoopsdude18 in this message board's The Summit League topic under the thread "Summit League OOC Wins"). In recapping the out of conference schedule/results of the Summit League teams, Hoopsdude reports Centenary was winless but he adds "Only the coldest of hearts would wish a winless season on this program, so here's to hoping the Gents can pick up a win or two in January and February."

Time for a poll. If Centenary can get at least one conference win, who should it be against? (If there's only one vote for IPFW, we'll know filbert participated in the poll.)

The teams are listed in the same order their names appear on The Summit League website.

No brainer. Bison. Ready made excuses - the officiating - already built in.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      It's kind of funny, but I picked the Bison too.

Comment

Hopefully we can get some Instant replay for BBall, a lot of our Free Throws this year proably should have went in if we could have reviewed them

Naturally I will select >>>> in the poll
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          Hopefully we can get some Instant replay for BBall, a lot of our Free Throws this year proably should have went in if we could have reviewed them
          If you have intended that as a joke, it would have been real funny!

Gee, wonder who voted for SDSU?

(Serious: good to have your participation and I gave you rep points for the comment about instant replay.)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            If you have intended that as a joke, it would have been real funny!

Gee, wonder who voted for SDSU?

(Serious: good to have your participation. We're trying to accomodate those Bison fans who only consider a rivalry a real RIVALRY if there's actual malice involved. )
            Well I personnally consider UND to still be our TRUE rival, but virtually can't stand to talk to anyone from there anymore they have become something real special, but I like smacking it our with you guys too
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Funniest thing on here in awhile... Reps for being able to poke fun back at yourself. Can we borrow that replay machine for our free throws?

Comment

I voted for ooey pooey because of their racist coach.

Comment

I voted for the Necks just because they're called that. Just about as stupid a name for a team as the Gents. On the womens side I hope the Ladies beat the Golden Eagles of ORU cause I don't like thier attitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls View Post
                    I voted for ooey pooey because of their racist coach.

MVDPB: Unfamiliar with the reference here. What are you talking about?

Comment

MVDPB: Unfamiliar with the reference here. What are you talking about?
                      I probably shouldn't have posted the reason and just voted. Might open up old wounds but oh well. It still irritates me.

Hunter accused NDSU fans of racial slurs, and threatened them with an azz whooping. Bisonvillers in attendance said nothing happened, including some african american NDSU fans. I fully admit I wasn't there that night, but I've never heard anything close to racism at other NDSU games I've attended, home or away. I've experienced racism in my life and it sucks, but it really burns me up when people nonchalantly accuse others of it like Hunter did.

If you are bored and have a half hour to kill:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19301

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19291

And that's all I'll say on that.

Comment

This poll shows the dangers of a rivalry. We all should be hoping that the Gents would beat Oakland as they are the team to beat in the league. While it would be great for smack talk to have the Gents beat NDSU, it wouldn't that big of a deal to our team. We need to aim higher than just being in a position to poke fun at the Bissun .
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          This poll shows the dangers of a rivalry. We all should be hoping that the Gents would beat Oakland as they are the team to beat in the league. While it would be great for smack talk to have the Gents beat NDSU, it wouldn't that big of a deal to our team. We need to aim higher than just being in a position to poke fun at the Bissun .
                          Very logical and cogent argument. However, logic isn't welcome in the smack section and neither is happening so I say just have fun with the poll. That's at least partly the reason it's posted in the smack section.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Nobody's voted for UMKC yet . . . some love for the Roos, I guess.

And, I see that somebody else hates IPFW, too . . . (I haven't voted) . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I went for the fellow departing, the SUUT-birds. A great win for the Gents to flip the 'Birds. That'd be SUU'T.

Comment

Working...
                              X