X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Bohl possible Ball State!

BAll St might be where Craig Bohl is headed>

Re: NDSU Bohl possible Ball State!

Bohl said today that he has no interest in coaching at Ball State.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
      Bohl said today that he has no interest in coaching at Ball State.
      With all due respect to FargoBison, I have never heard a coach say he wants to take another job when he already has one. Then, miraculously, 3,4, or 5 days later said coach is introduced as the new head coach somewhere else.

Not saying Bohl isn't being honest, but the "I'm not interested in another job" card has been played so many times I have a hard time believing anyone that uses it anymore.

So until the Ball State job is filled the Bison might as well expect Bohl to be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        With all due respect to FargoBison, I have never heard a coach say he wants to take another job when he already has one. Then, miraculously, 3,4, or 5 days later said coach is introduced as the new head coach somewhere else.

Not saying Bohl isn't being honest, but the "I'm not interested in another job" card has been played so many times I have a hard time believing anyone that uses it anymore.

So until the Ball State job is filled the Bison might as well expect Bohl to be gone.
        He told our AD he has no interest, so I'm pretty sure he has no interest.

North Dakota State athletic director Gene Taylor said Tuesday night that head football coach Craig Bohl is not interested in the head job at Ball State, a Division I Football Bowl Subdivision school.

“He called me and told me that he has no interest,” Taylor said. “I don’t know where it got started.”
        http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Comment

While I defer to Fargo on the school and press angle on the story, if the money is right a person's "interest" can swing pretty quickly. I wonder if the Bison hadn't had such a down year last year if Bohl would have been considered for other jobs after this season. Seems to me that many ADs might be waiting it out to see if this year was the abberration or if the season or two of struggles were.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

That is true, those down years hurt Bohl especially last year with all the off the field garbage. Which he has cleaned up but I think AD's will want to see another solid year on and off the field for Bohl.

That said, I don't think Bohl is in a hurry to go anywhere. He is one of the highest paid coaches in the FCS and has a great relationship with our AD.

Comment

MVFC to MAC is almost, but not quite a lateral move . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                MVFC to MAC is almost, but not quite a lateral move . . .

The fact that Letterman is an alum probably tips the balance

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  The fact that Letterman is an alum probably tips the balance
                  Which way?

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That is true, those down years hurt Bohl especially last year with all the off the field garbage. Which he has cleaned up but I think AD's will want to see another solid year on and off the field for Bohl.

That said, I don't think Bohl is in a hurry to go anywhere. He is one of the highest paid coaches in the FCS and has a great relationship with our AD.
                    Plus his house and new wife. I think he is happy with his 200,000K yr job in Fargo, plus he gets a Conference and National Title he surpasses 300,000k. I know its not what the FBS schools pay but he will be alot farther from his home state of NE in Eastern Indiana. Now if someone in the plains or Iowa, MS, KS, etc offer he will think alot more
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                      Plus his house and new wife. I think he is happy with his 200,000K yr job in Fargo, plus he gets a Conference and National Title he surpasses 300,000k. I know its not what the FBS schools pay but he will be alot farther from his home state of NE in Eastern Indiana. Now if someone in the plains or Iowa, MS, KS, etc offer he will think alot more
                      Does Bohl really care about going back to Nebraska just for a visit? I really wonder about that as he left on conditions that raised a number of questions about his personal life. Messy divorce and his inconsisent defenive coaching, etc. I think he could care less about going anywhere near Lincoln. I think he enjoys the frozen tundra of Fargo too much to move on. You guys are stuck with him. Lucky you. I think you got a whale of coach.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                        Yeah it looks like he'll make $290,000 and if he meets all of his incentives it could go as high as $335,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Does Bohl really care about going back to Nebraska just for a visit? I really wonder about that as he left on conditions that raised a number of questions about his personal life. Messy divorce and his inconsisent defenive coaching, etc. I think he could care less about going anywhere near Lincoln. I think he enjoys the frozen tundra of Fargo too much to move on. You guys are stuck with him. Lucky you. I think you got a whale of coach.
                          I think Bohl might drop the whale talk, on one of the last coaches shows this year he said somebody he knows told him he was going to strangle himself if he heard Bohl say "whale of a game" one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Which way?

Correct.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think Bohl might drop the whale talk, on one of the last coaches shows this year he said somebody he knows told him he was going to strangle himself if he heard Bohl say "whale of a game" one more time.
                              And SDSUFans.com flies the flags at half-staff for the passing of a whale of a meme . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X