New threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New threads

Looks like SDSU is getting new Army-style uniforms next year, according to TV's Twitter. Here's a sneak peak:

http://twitgoo.com/1rucdw
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Re: New threads

I like them. Still pretty simple and traditional. Thank goodness there is no piping or swoopy stuff (ala Bison, Vikings... and everybody else) on them. I watched the Army/Navy game and those uniforms really have a distinctive look.

Somebody needs to tell Aaron to lose the red background on his twitpix page.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was a bit nervous when they said they were voting on new threads, but I really like the Army Uniforms.

Still very clean and sharp. I agree with JimmyJack, stay away from any piping.
      http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

He said he was trying to vote for white pants for road games - I think that would have looked sweet.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

personally to create tradition, I think the uniform should never change. football anyways. Basketball is fine, but football there is something special sitting in the stands waiting for the team to run out and see the bright blue and yellow tradition unis. no trim or pipping or strips of anykind.

My ideal would be blue tops yellow numbers and yellow pants at home, road games would be white tops with blue letters and blue pants. I do like the idea that every year there seems to be a thread on uniforms and changes. I wouldnt mind seeing like a military style camo for something way different for military appreacation games. really make a huge deal and get as many service men and women to the games. then auction off some of the camo unis for a fund raiser for rotc or something.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            personally to create tradition, I think the uniform should never change. football anyways. Basketball is fine, but football there is something special sitting in the stands waiting for the team to run out and see the bright blue and yellow tradition unis. no trim or pipping or strips of anykind.

My ideal would be blue tops yellow numbers and yellow pants at home, road games would be white tops with blue letters and blue pants. I do like the idea that every year there seems to be a thread on uniforms and changes. I wouldnt mind seeing like a military style camo for something way different for military appreacation games. really make a huge deal and get as many service men and women to the games. then auction off some of the camo unis for a fund raiser for rotc or something.
            Stop living in Division II

Seriously though, I think the new jerseys look good. Nothing crazy like Oregon or anything. (Full disclosure: I think Oregon's jerseys are effing sweet.)

Comment

I'd like to see an MVFC patch that matches the color of the home jersey. I can't stand the big white patch on the home blues. It looks low rent compared to other schools in the conference that have the conference logo that matches the uni color.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things obviously, but one of those little touches that can make a difference in the look of the uniform.
              “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                I'd like to see an MVFC patch that matches the color of the home jersey. I can't stand the big white patch on the home blues. It looks low rent compared to other schools in the conference that have the conference logo that matches the uni color.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things obviously, but one of those little touches that can make a difference in the look of the uniform.

Completely agree with the MVFC patch idea. But I'm not sure how much thought that gets put into that type of thing. Have you seen Stig dress? Not a lot of thought going into that and I don't think he thinks it's very important to him either which I have no problem with. I personally think things like that are important(look good, feel good) but I'm not running the team.

As far as the new uni's, there's no way I can have an opinion based on that pic. I'll need see somthing closer to SDSU's to have a better idea.
                Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  Stop living in Division II

Seriously though, I think the new jerseys look good. Nothing crazy like Oregon or anything. (Full disclosure: I think Oregon's jerseys are effing sweet.)
                  Its SDSU history if you like it or not. they had very different uniforms or strips in pants of the D-2 days. The new style they wear now did not fully start untill going D-1. Having tradition means consistancy. Otherwise if you change it its just a fad. If you want to do to a school thats a fad, good for you, but I want a school that prides its self with tradition.

Of course a Duke hater would like the Oregons unis. The Ducks try to be creative and think out of the box but to me and most people I talk to agree that its just plain tacky. I guess I am an old school uniform fan. When pro and college teams in all sports wear its throwback unis I always like them much better then the ones now adays.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I am all for change every so often. Unless you are Penn State, Michigan or Alabama new uniforms are going to happen. I am glad they aren't gong for the strips and flashes in the uniforms that look horrible. It seems that they are going to keep with a simple yet distinctive uniform. I am all for bringing back white pants into the mix. White on white would look solid for the road. I have a strong distaste for the blue on blue. Mixing up the blue, gold and white pants at home and away would good.

If you don't think uniforms don't matter to recruits these days, you are sadly mistaken.

Comment

Speaking of:
                      Oregon's BCS title game Uni's.

Throw out the god-awful socks and...not bad, IMO.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-295895

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

R64 makes a good point, but it seems unfair to say that only a few top programs and schools can keep the same uniform with out change. I don't care that we are new to D-1 but to have an idenity, the school, the fans, etc, should have some common traditions. Such as the Pride playing the pride is back intro before its starts its half time show, the football team wearing the same uniform. Other schools with there chants and songs they sing. Im sorry but I dont want to see SDSU be a fad just to wow over new students, The tradition of playing on natural grass for one. playing outdoors, etc. having a dome(which will never happen) or fake grass will cheapen the tradition of SDSU football IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          Speaking of:
                          Oregon's BCS title game Uni's.

Throw out the god-awful socks and...not bad, IMO.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-295895

Go Jacks!!
                          Neon yellow wasnt even cool in the 80s. They have had worse for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            personally to create tradition, I think the uniform should never change.
                            You liked the old Denver Broncos jerseys better? Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                              You liked the old Denver Broncos jerseys better? Yikes!
                              The brown and yellow ones or the older blue and orange ones?

I like the older blue and orange ones way better than the new ones they have now.

Comment

Working...
                              X