Assault was false report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault was false report

The person who made a report of sexual assault last week has admitted the report was false. Here's a link to the Argus Leader story: LINK

I wonder if the school will take disciplinary action against the person who made the false report.

Re: Assault was false report

She should be kicked out of school at the least, and possibly charged. But we know all that will happen is she will receive counseling. This had the potential to turn into something very unsavory. I know it's not the same but we all remember that lying whore in North Carolina that accused the Dukie lacrosse players of rape.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls View Post
      She should be kicked out of school at the least, and possibly charged. But we know all that will happen is she will receive counseling. This had the potential to turn into something very unsavory. I know it's not the same but we all remember that lying whore in North Carolina that accused the Dukie lacrosse players of rape.

its not even close to being the same. the whore in north carolina ruined a lot of guys lives. this person only ruined her own life. they need to put her name out there for everyone to see. she probably wont have to be kicked out of school, she'd probably quit.

Comment

[Whore? Probably can ratchet back the language a little.]

It is a crime to file a false report with law enforcement. I also think false reporting of this nature is one of the few cases in which a crime may be deterred by knowledge of consequences. So, I'd have to give some thought to whether 1) the criminal justice system steps in; and 2) whether the school takes some action. There has to be some balance -- a real victim of assault faces a tough time reporting the actual facts and nothing can be done to make those bad situations worse. On the other hand, I've tried cases in which a perfectly innocent guy has been accused of rape -- not many things scarier than that for an accused.

Comment

I work around college students and am reminded every day how young they are. I see this whole incident as a cry for help from a misguided young person. I hope she gets the help she needs.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm wondering just how detrimental this will be... many young women have a hard enough time coming forward if there's been an assault; will they be as willing to come forward with the idea that they may not be taken seriously?

Jimmy's right, I hope this is a cry for help and she gets the help she needs. But there also has to be some kind of accountability.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Good to see that KELO tv gave good pub to the false report story- they didn't lead the news with it like they did with the original story,but they did give good coverage.

Comment

Working...
              X