The fine art of smack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fine art of smack

JackJD threaded the needle (pun intended) when he ended another thread and reminded us that good smack is not personal.
    In that spirit, I believe the best smack sometimes requires us to re-state the obvious from time to time:
    - Bison are the ugliest animals on the plains and one of the ugliest on the planet.
    - Coyotes are the most despised animals on the plains.
    - Only one school in South Dakota went first in D-1 and was the first to make playoffs in D-1 (and in multiple sports leading right out of transition).
    - On our worst day it is better than any best day for fans of Coyotes and Bison.

Go Jackrabbits!!!!

Re: The fine art of smack

All you missed was:

Here ends the reading.

Brilliant!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      All you missed was:

Here ends the reading.

Brilliant!

SUPERBUNNY

Thanks, SuperB.... Soliciting other Smack truths in case anyone is inclined..

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        - On our worst day it is better than any best day for fans of Coyotes and Bison.

Go Jackrabbits!!!!
        LOL, I like your attitude, but did you check any of the scores this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls View Post
          LOL, I like your attitude, but did you check any of the scores this weekend?

And so you've confirmed the point that on our worst day it is better to be a Bison fan on his/her best day. You are worthy opponents, though, and thank you for that.

Comment

JackJD threaded the needle (pun intended) when he ended another thread and reminded us that good smack is not personal.
            In that spirit, I believe the best smack sometimes requires us to re-state the obvious from time to time:
            - Bison are the ugliest animals on the plains and one of the ugliest on the planet.
            - Only one school in South Dakota went first in D-1 and was the first to make playoffs in D-1 (and in multiple sports leading right out of transition).

Go Jackrabbits!!!!

Ah...yes. I was going to respond to CF's comment but got two words in and decided it wasn't worth my time. CF has no idea what my profession is nor do I intend to disclose that. He would be surprised considering his comment.

Anyways, really disappointing day to be a Jackrabbit fan on Saturday. I expect better.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Go Jackrabbits!!!!
              Deep and Profound

Comment

Go Jackrabbits!!!!
                You sure are having plenty of those. I'm glad that you are enjoying it though. I'm sure your football team would much rather be spending their time hunting now than having to practice. What a drag that would be to win a playoff game and have to keep playing.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  You sure are having plenty of those. I'm glad that you are enjoying it though. I'm sure your football team would much rather be spending their time hunting now than having to practice. What a drag that would be to win a playoff game and have to keep playing.
                  Especially with our practice facilities..(self smack...)

Speaking of which... is this why we own the former golf dome?

Comment

Honest question: Were you among the legions on B-Ville profanely dumping on your own team and saying it wasn't playoff worthy and that Bohl needed to go after the 3-0 kerthumping at Mo. State with the season ostensibly on the line? If so, it's kind of hard to fathom how you could be smacking anything on anyone else's board. If not, smack away. We can take it. (But it has been hilarious to watch the scramble back onto the bandwagon in B-Ville).

Comment

Honest question: Were you among the legions on B-Ville profanely dumping on your own team and saying it wasn't playoff worthy and that Bohl needed to go after the 3-0 kerthumping at Mo. State with the season ostensibly on the line? If so, it's kind of hard to fathom how you could be smacking anything on anyone else's board. If not, smack away. We can take it. (But it has been hilarious to watch the scramble back onto the bandwagon in B-Ville).
                      After last two years, I was in the fire Bohl camp...no doubt about it. But I also said at the beginning of the season if the Bison finished 7-4 or better he should keep his job. Well, he did that. Bohl blamed a lot of the problems on our old defensive coordinator, and I did not buy that at the time, but after seeing how the DC did at Montana I am now inclined to believe Bohl. Now, I have a seat reserved in the fire Vigen (OC) camp. On to the 3-0 loss to Missouri St. Yeah, I believe we backed into the playoffs and normally we would not deserve the spot...but luckily there were a lot of teams in the same spot and we had a win over a Big 12 team. We were picked by somebody else...they deemed us worthy...and we have proven worthy.

Comment

North Dakota is cold.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

After last two years, I was in the fire Bohl camp...no doubt about it. But I also said at the beginning of the season if the Bison finished 7-4 or better he should keep his job. Well, he did that. Bohl blamed a lot of the problems on our old defensive coordinator, and I did not buy that at the time, but after seeing how the DC did at Montana I am now inclined to believe Bohl. Now, I have a seat reserved in the fire Vigen (OC) camp. On to the 3-0 loss to Missouri St. Yeah, I believe we backed into the playoffs and normally we would not deserve the spot...but luckily there were a lot of teams in the same spot and we had a win over a Big 12 team. We were picked by somebody else...they deemed us worthy...and we have proven worthy.
                          Like the honesty. Especially like that you don't seem to be one of the B-Ville Bashers who blah blah ad naseum about how everything north of the border never smells and everything south of the border always does. It's fun to tweak arrogance like that, which we Jack-backers have had ample recent opportunity to do.... until this year... But yours seems like the kind of respect for a rivalry that people can have beers over. And pendulums do swing...

One final point: Doesn't the buck stop at the head coach? Blaming a departed assistant coach does not seem to be a leadership quality you'd want in a head coach....

Comment

I think Bohl leaned on Breske more because he had internal issues within the team that he needed to fix. He did succeed in fixing that, but Breske could just not adapt to our Tampa 2 scheme. For a while I believe we ran multiple defensive schemes, which caused us to lose our identity because the players seemed more confused than anything.

Comment

Like the honesty. Especially like that you don't seem to be one of the B-Ville Bashers who blah blah ad naseum about how everything north of the border never smells and everything south of the border always does. It's fun to tweak arrogance like that, which we Jack-backers have had ample recent opportunity to do.... until this year... But yours seems like the kind of respect for a rivalry that people can have beers over. And pendulums do swing...

One final point: Doesn't the buck stop at the head coach? Blaming a departed assistant coach does not seem to be a leadership quality you'd want in a head coach....
                              Yeah, I respect the rivalry with the Jacks, and enjoy talking with you guys. When we played you guys in football we tailgated with Thumper and had a great time. I cheer for SDSU...just not when they play us. Sure, I'll take shots at any perceived shortcoming, but it is just in fun.

As for your last statement, I totally agree. I'm not a big Bohl fan, but he has had some decent successes. From what I hear, he runs the football program like a CEO. The OC has a lot of control (I refrain from saying complete control) and the same with the DC. Bohl determined the schemes (power west-coast offense/Tampa 2 defense) and the coordinators call the game/prepare the players under those parameters. Do I agree with this? Yes and no, but mostly no...but how do you argue with a coach that has us in the playoffs? Much easier to argue the previous two seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X