Congrats and Apologies to the Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats and Apologies to the Bison

Congrats on the huge 4th quarter and playoff win for the Bison.

Sorry about the beat-down that's going to happen tonight at 7:00 pm in Frost to your MBB team.

It's probably pretty lucky that you guys all went to the football game so you won't have to witness the **** stomping in person.

Go Jacks!
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Re: Congrats and Apologies to the Bison

I guess I didn't realize that no one would show up (sans Wolters, Dale and Chad on D)

Our post play and rebounding was ****ing embarrassing. The amount of unchallenged lay-ups was appalling.

Oh and Nate Wolters is God. Best individual performance I have EVER seen in person.

Comment

Yes, I found the entire experience less than fully satisfying.

Beer and pizza are required to ameliorate the situation, immediately.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

U guys might want to close this thread!!!

GO Bison

BTW. MVFC>Big Fluffy
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          U guys might want to close this thread!!!

GO Bison

BTW. MVFC>Big Fluffy
          No, I like to remind myself how wrong I can be.

Comment

not married yet, rabbit observer?

Comment

Originally posted by NDB View Post
              not married yet, rabbit observer?
              Wives are pretty good at not letting you forget you are never right.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Wives are pretty good at not letting you forget you are never right.
                Also the in-laws, at least my father in law.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  Congrats on the huge 4th quarter and playoff win for the Bison.

Sorry about the beat-down that's going to happen tonight at 7:00 pm in Frost to your MBB team.

It's probably pretty lucky that you guys all went to the football game so you won't have to witness the **** stomping in person.

Go Jacks!
                  I just saw this thread now. Thanks for the laugh. Honestly, I thought that your MBB were setup to take down the Bison especially with most Bison fans focused on the football team. It was one of those days where everything went right for the Bison in football and both basketball teams.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
                    I just saw this thread now. Thanks for the laugh. Honestly, I thought that your MBB were setup to take down the Bison especially with most Bison fans focused on the football team. It was one of those days where everything went right for the Bison in football and both basketball teams.
                    AND...............

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
                      You are abolutely right, it was a fantastic day to be a Bison.

But how would the fact that most Bison FANS were focused on the football game last Saturday have had any effect on the performance of the MBB team in Brookings. Do you think the MBB team felt disheartened because of it and played at a lower level? Were they ashamed that they weren't "the game" that day? 50 more Bison fans at Frost wouldn't have mattered either way...

This is what cracks me up about a portion of Bison fans that are notorious on Bisonville - they actually think they matter in the grand scheme of winning the game.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        You are abolutely right, it was a fantastic day to be a Bison.

But how would the fact that most Bison FANS were focused on the football game last Saturday have had any effect on the performance of the MBB team in Brookings. Do you think the MBB team felt disheartened because of it and played at a lower level? Were they ashamed that they weren't "the game" that day? 50 more Bison fans at Frost wouldn't have mattered either way...

This is what cracks me up about a portion of Bison fans that are notorious on Bisonville - they actually think they matter in the grand scheme of winning the game.
                        I have seen fans make a difference...and was apart of it way back in the day. When I was a student we would sit in the front rows of the student section (for football)...right by the opposing teams bench. We took it as our job to get in a players head. This rarely worked for conference teams...occasionally Morningside or Northern Colorado (Both teams had poor discipline). During non-conference games it was the norm to get at least one player to acknowledge us and he would end up screwing up. We had one wide receiver turn to yell at us right before a play...and the pass went to him and it bounced right off his numbers. Sure, he might have dropped the pass anyway, but he was focussed on proving us wrong...his head was not totally in the game. I've got plenty more of those stories, but those things can be nullified by good coaching and preparation. If there are enough fans willing to make a difference they can create a loud atmosphere and make it difficult for opponents to audible, hear snap counts, etc. So yes, I am one of those fans who thinks the fans can make a difference. A major factor? Not in most cases...but occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          I have seen fans make a difference...and was apart of it way back in the day. When I was a student we would sit in the front rows of the student section (for football)...right by the opposing teams bench. We took it as our job to get in a players head. This rarely worked for conference teams...occasionally Morningside or Northern Colorado (Both teams had poor discipline). During non-conference games it was the norm to get at least one player to acknowledge us and he would end up screwing up. We had one wide receiver turn to yell at us right before a play...and the pass went to him and it bounced right off his numbers. Sure, he might have dropped the pass anyway, but he was focussed on proving us wrong...his head was not totally in the game. I've got plenty more of those stories, but those things can be nullified by good coaching and preparation. If there are enough fans willing to make a difference they can create a loud atmosphere and make it difficult for opponents to audible, hear snap counts, etc. So yes, I am one of those fans who thinks the fans can make a difference. A major factor? Not in most cases...but occasionally.

My guess is these are back in the days we regularily pounded you in basketball?

Comment

Yessir. I was talking exclusively about teh footballs, though. I've never seen fans influence a basketball game.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

Yep, but the post I quoted was referring to a game at Frost, where the 100 or so Bison fans would have been scattered through the upper levels. And the post also didn't say anything about attending the game, it referred to Bison FANS not being able to focus on the bball game thus giving the Jacks a better chance to win.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                              X