This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyoming not so sure it likes this whole SD universities in D-I thing

USD 80, Wyoming 70, men's basketball, at Vermillion.

Remember when U of W basketball was moderately good?

2-5 now, baybeee. USD jumped out to an 11-3 lead and except for a brief 2-point Wyoming lead in the second half, pretty much had their way with the Cowboys.

Good on ya, Yotes . . .

The WAC and the MWC ain't what they used to be. (And don't get me started on the Big Sky!)

The Summit is gonna be where all the cool kids play--you just watch . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Wyoming not so sure it likes this whole SD universities in D-I thing

The best team in the Greatwest gets the big win against the worst team in the MWC. Congrats to the 'Yotes.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      USD 80, Wyoming 70, men's basketball, at Vermillion.

Remember when U of W basketball was moderately good?

2-5 now, baybeee. USD jumped out to an 11-3 lead and except for a brief 2-point Wyoming lead in the second half, pretty much had their way with the Cowboys.

Good on ya, Yotes . . .

The WAC and the MWC ain't what they used to be. (And don't get me started on the Big Sky!)

The Summit is gonna be where all the cool kids play--you just watch . . .
      This is the smack section right? Beating Wyoming: just another thing USD did after SDSU. They really take this follow the leader stuff seriously.

In all seriousness, good win for the Coyotes.

The future is bright for the Summit.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

...but we beat 'em on the road
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          ...but we beat 'em on the road
          Originally posted by Every person on this board that isn't funny
          Road games don't count! Hahahahaha!
          Saving some people some time.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

But this wasn't a road game, so it does count . . .

Unless you're a Wyoming fan, in which case it was a road game, so it doesn't count . . .

(Geez, this is getting complex around here . . .)

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And the regular season doesn't start until conference play begins (old NCC thinking) so it was actually an exhibition game which doesn't count at all.

Comment

But this wasn't a road game, so it does count . . .

Unless you're a Wyoming fan, in which case it was a road game, so it doesn't count . . .

(Geez, this is getting complex around here . . .)

Actually road games DO count, but only if there is a u-dot win (See Minnesota in Football.) However road losses are not considered an official outcome.

Speaking of games, was the WBB game that was played in the high school gym considered a neutral site a couple years ago?
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

See, here, I try to start a Wyoming-smack thread and it goes all Yotie-smack on me . . .

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

See, here, I try to start a Wyoming-smack thread and it goes all Yotie-smack on me . . .

Can you really start a smack thread against a team that still has dial-up access? After all, by the time the page loads they are 5 posts down the line.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Congrats to the Yotes! And kudoes for beating the Sagarin spread by 3 (they were favored by 7 at home) in a battle between two of the bottom 25% of D-1 MBB teams (USD 258th, Wyoming 283rd of the 345 teams)! (But I agree with an earlier post...how low can the Cowboys go? Although they would be favored by four points to beat Centenary on the road!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Congrats to the Yotes! And kudoes for beating the Sagarin spread by 3 (they were favored by 7 at home) in a battle between two of the bottom 25% of D-1 MBB teams (USD 258th, Wyoming 283rd of the 345 teams)! (But I agree with an earlier post...how low can the Cowboys go? Although they would be favored by four points to beat Centenary on the road!)

SDSU-USD rules of engagement as proposed by the Coyote Coalition:

1. Home games count more than a Jacks' road victory, if that road win happened more than a year before the home game.
                        2. Away games only count if USD wins against teams the Jacks played within the previous 12 months.
                        3. Head-on-head competition only counts if said comparisons favor USD.
                        4. Rules 1-3 inoperable when necessary.

Any seconds?

(In all seriousness, why doesn't the Summit replicate the ACC-Big 10 challenge and do the Summit-Mountain West challenge? Our bottom feeders could then pick up a victory against teams like Wyoming, thus boosting the entire Summit RPI ratings).

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          (In all seriousness, why doesn't the Summit replicate the ACC-Big 10 challenge and do the Summit-Mountain West challenge? Our bottom feeders could then pick up a victory against teams like Wyoming, thus boosting the entire Summit RPI ratings).
                          I believe the Mountain West is already involved with a challenge with the MVC this weekend. Have no idea how long it has been going on, just remember it being mentioned at last nights game.

Comment

Nice win by the Yotes, but let's keep the victory in perspective before any silly talk of a swinging pendulum returns. As a little reminder, here are the results of two games played last season in Laramie:
                            SDSU 77, Wyoming 61
                            Wyoming 86, USD 74
                            The USD win in Vermillion on Wednesday night demonstrates, again, that the Dakota schools can catch and surpass places such as Wyoming. Take time to enjoy beating a regional school, and keep raising those sights.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

All in all though, not bad since the U is still in transition. I realize that Wyoming is not a powerhouse but all things considered the U can be positive that the program is headed in the right direction. I know this is a smack thread but I am really glad to see that your men's team has turned the corner and is headed in the right direction. There is good basketball being played in South Dakota.
                              Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Working...
                              X