Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA 11 Videogame SDSU Team

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...830:1291247476

For anyone that wants to use them on the game I think I did a decent job of making the team. Ratings are low so they can be put into a D-1A conference and compete on a realistic level. If anyone wants to chip in on what they think let me know!

Re: NCAA 11 Videogame SDSU Team

Wish they had it for Wii
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
      http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...830:1291247476

For anyone that wants to use them on the game I think I did a decent job of making the team. Ratings are low so they can be put into a D-1A conference and compete on a realistic level. If anyone wants to chip in on what they think let me know!
      Should have used yellow pants instead of black since those are actually a choice that SDSU has, but that's just me

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        Should have used yellow pants instead of black since those are actually a choice that SDSU has, but that's just me
        I completely agree - my roomates talked me into the black but I think I am going to change it for the sake of realism which is what I'm shooting for here.

Comment

Changed the black uniform out in favor if a yellow home uni, yellow pants option, and a white helmet.

Comment

Looks good now

Comment

You know what I kind of like...the yellow jersey with the blue pants.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Dam, just noticed I had forgotten to put numbers on the all the shoulders.. but updated! The main thing I want to get as far as feedback is the starters are correct and the right players are on the game that should be (I favored SD kids when I had choices for who to include though).

Comment

Doing a dynasty with the Jacks, put them in the Mac and they are a middle of the pack team as far as talent goes-- better then a couple teams (Miami Ohio and the like, you know, teams that barely won 2 games this year)

Just curious: how interested would you guys be in me keeping a running blog of how they do? I call my plays realistically and have it on a very hard difficulty setting- so I will lose or get killed by the good teams. For example: my first game was a loss 14-7 at home to Iowa State.
                  So whats in the interest in something like that?

Comment

I would have fun reading your updates.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I love the 43,000 seat Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. I didn't know the BOR approved it?
                      (I know this is a replica of ECU's stadium.)

Comment

Haha yes, I figured it was the best choice though since it was open at each end with a building that looks very simliar to the new Dykhouse center and at the other end has an open scoreboard like at Coughlin.

Also fair enough, I'll keep a running blog in another thread.. appreciate the interest-- if nothing else will give you guys a little virtual Jacks football to follow.

Comment

On second thought, I will just maintain it here in this thread.

A little info to get you started and up to date with the Jacks so far:

Roster - I have Sumner starting his freshman year (I played against him in high school and he is a friend of mine, so I have a bit of a soft spot for him haha) He has been, to this point, a freshman- making some nice throws, but at the same time some not so great decisions that have led to crippling interceptions. Through 3 games he is 31-66 for 448 yards, 1 TD, and 5 INT's. Tight end Colin Cochart has been the go to receiver for Sumner- the Senior has hauled in 12 catches for 166 yards so far. Sophomore Aaron Rollin has caught 10 balls for 132 yards and a TD, respectively. Minett has been the go to guy for the offense though, of course. The senior running back has posted 351 yards on 70 carries through the first 3 contests, also scoring 3 TD's on the way. Tyler Duffy has also found the endzone once, while putting up 80 yards in relief duty for Minett.

Defensively, Derek Domino is in the top ten in the country in tackles with 24. Domino also has 5 TFL's, and an INT. Cody Brodie has snagged 2 INT's so far (actually both in the last game vs Central Michigan). Jake Steffen, Ross Basham, and Brian Fischer all have 2 sacks to lead the SDSU pass rush.

Schedule:
                          Iowa State
                          @ Miami Ohio
                          Central Michigan
                          @ Ohio State
                          Ohio
                          @ Vanderbilt
                          @ Ball State
                          @ Notre Dame
                          Toledo
                          BYE
                          @ Western Michigan
                          @ Buffalo
                          Northern Illinois
                          BYE
                          BYE

Currently I am up to the week 4 game with Ohio State which I am about to play. Terrelle Pryor is out, so I am hoping their offense will be one dimensional and we can find a way to stop their ground game.

Through the first 3 games the Jackrabbits are 1-2, with the lone victory coming over Central Michigan at home. Coach Stiegelmeyer was happy about beating the perenial power of the MAC West division, saying that it was a huge step for the program in its inaugural season. "We dropped our first two, but being able to beat a team that has traditionally been at the top of this conference was a huge stride for SDSU. We will need to most likely win out the rest of our conference games in order to play for the conference championship."

Going to play the Ohio State game now though- let me know what you guys would like to see out of this little blog! More in depth on games? Jacks recruiting info? anythign just let me know, the more involved you guys are the funner it will be.

Comment

Jax, do you think you could post some screenshots, so we could see what you've got going? I'd love to see these uniforms and 43,000 seat CAS.

EDIT: Completely missed the link at the beginning of the thread. Sorry.

Comment

Well the Jackrabbits take the MAC title in their first year in the league with a 9-4 overall record and 8-1 in conference play. Defense was huge all year, especially in the conference championship where we had to stop Temple's RB tandem (one guy is destined for big things in the NFL imo, Bernard Pierce).

Stat of the year:
                              The Jacks scored 236 points, while allowing 212-- shows you how close all the games were!

SDSU will be heading to the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl to take on the West Virginia Mountaineers who went 8-4(4-3) on the year, respectively. I will post some pictures of the bowl game on here for you guys.

Any other info you want just let me know!

Comment

Working...
                              X