X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison sell 11,500 tickets for playoffs

According to Terry's twitter

http://twitter.com/terryvandrovec

NDSU has only sold 11,500 tickets for tonight's playoff game. Not good.

Re: Bison sell 11,500 tickets for playoffs

I know this is in smack but I think it speaks to the expectations the fans have for that program. First appearance in DI is big but the expectations Bison fans have reach much higher.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Look for an announced crowd of 17,000-plus.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Still likely to be the #1 crowd for the 4 1st round games.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Still likely to be the #1 crowd for the 4 1st round games.
          UNI had 5,990 in the UNI dome. For a playoff game. The UNI fans should be ASHAMED of themselves.

4,500 for WIU at CC.

Georgia Southern brought in 10,200.

NDSU = 12,200. Pretty terribad for NDSU.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreb...&weekNumber=13

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...d=201011270309
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I would be curious to see how many tickets would sell at CAS under similar circumstances. I'll be patiently waiting for SDSU to host a playoff game. When was the last time SDSU hosted a playoff game anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
              I would be curious to see how many tickets would sell at CAS under similar circumstances.
              ...about eleventy billion
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I would be curious to see how many tickets would sell at CAS under similar circumstances. I'll be patiently waiting for SDSU to host a playoff game. When was the last time SDSU hosted a playoff game anyways?
                About the same amount of time since you've made an intelligent post.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                  About the same amount of time since you've made an intelligent post.
                  "About the same amount of time" does not answer a question that starts with "When was the last time", but keep ripping my posts for being less than intelligent

Comment

"About the same amount of time" does not answer a question that starts with "When was the last time", but keep ripping my posts for being less than intelligent
                    Allow me to field this one:

SDSU has never hosted a football playoff game and you have never made an intelligent post, therefore (even if not fluently phrased), both questions have the same answer.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      Allow me to field this one:

SDSU has never hosted a football playoff game and you have never made an intelligent post, therefore (even if not fluently phrased), both questions have the same answer.

Comment

I don't think the following point is smack but knowing how thin skinned some Bison fans seem to be, it'll probably draw smack responses.

With the playoff field expanded to 20, it seems to me the Bison, by winning over RMU, have now reached the same point the Jackrabbits were at when the Jackrabbits played their first playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          I don't think the following point is smack but knowing how thin skinned some Bison fans seem to be, it'll probably draw smack responses.

With the playoff field expanded to 20, it seems to me the Bison, by winning over RMU, have now reached the same point the Jackrabbits were at when the Jackrabbits played their first playoff game.
                          Ya, the Bison won their play In game

Comment

I was surprised Fargo didn't sell out, just because Fargo is a large city and not a college town. If SDSU hosted a playoff game and the weather was somewhat decent even over thanksgiving I'd think they could get 10K , Fargo is a lot larger, has a dome and so on. The other schools I kinda understand Cedar Falls and Macomb are college towns and college towns vacate during holidays. However you would think if UNI football was as big as it was that a few more people would have showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I think that's a fair assessment. The Bison are also headed to Montana(State). Now MSU is not the #1 seed however, but I'd say yes they have caught up to SDSU.

All the playoff attendances were Tuuuurrrrible! I'd say the Bison should really be ashamed...but UNI? Come on!

Also, agree the Jacks have never hosted a playoff game and Handoex has never made an intelligent post.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                              X