Goodbye Seniors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Seniors!

It's only fitting we send off our seniors in a way they deserve. A thread devoted to them is the least we can do.

Thanks boys for a great 4-5 years of devotion to our program!!!

I'll start it off with an article from Terry which includes some great quotes from our senior class.

SDSU seniors end eventful careers
    Terry Vandrovec • November 22, 2010

BROOKINGS - Saturday marked the final home football game for 19 South Dakota State seniors, yet it wasn't Senior Day. That celebration was held on the final home date two weeks ago.

What's more, neither the senior on the cover of the game program (RB Kyle Minett) nor the senior on the pullout poster inside the program (DL Brian Fischer) were in uniform, forced to stand on the sideline because of injury as classmate safety Conrad Kjerstad had done all fall.

It was a strange swan song at the end of a strange season.

"They made a mark, and it's a positive mark," coach John Stiegelmeier said. "I don't know if they know that yet, but I think they'll realize it next year when this football team comes back next year."

(read more)

Re: Goodbye Seniors!

Great group that persevered despite a number of roadblocks. As Coach Stig said, even though they are leaving they are the foundation on which the future will be built. I hope they are as good alumni as they were players.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Amen (post #1) and Amen (post #2)!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, you will always be Jacks

Comment

Working...
        X