2010 FCS Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 FCS Playoffs

Here are the MVFC teams and their first-round opponents for the 2010 playoffs:

11/27
    Western Illinois at Coastal Carolina
    Robert Morris at NDSU
    Lehigh at Northern Iowa

STORY LINK

Re: 2010 FCS Playoffs

Montana missed the playoffs...not surprising after having only six wins for the season following yesterday's loss to Montana State. The winner of NDSU and Bob Morris will play Montana State December 4.

Comment

This is why we need a new stadium. A weak (many say last team in the playoffs) NDSU team gets to host a weak NEC team.

When we went to the playoffs our very good SDSU team had to go on the road and face the #1 team in the nation.

The Fargo dome allows them to buy their way in and have an easier road to boot.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
      Last edited by LakeJack; 11-21-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Not a lot of love for the MVFC in that they put all three in a bracket with with one of the 4 seeded teams. That is likely due to the conference parity.

But still good to see MVFC teams in the playoffs and all with winnable first round games. I for one think that all three of these teams have a legitimate shot at getting to the championship. I for one will be cheering for the Panthers, Bison and Lethernecks next weekend.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

NDSU should be able to move on to Bozeman the following week. Robert Morris is not fully funded in terms of scholarships and who have they beat? People like Wagner, and some of the Pioneer clubs. If the Bison can not whale this opponet they are in big trouble.

Comment

Here is Robert Morris schedule:

Some of these opponents(well what can I say)

Date Opponent Opp Rank Location Time (ET) Results Media
            Sat, Sep 04 Dayton - at Dayton, Ohio 1:00 p.m. 14 - 28 (L)

Sat, Sep 11 Sacred Heart * - at Fairfield, Conn. Noon 35 - 31 (W)

Sat, Sep 18 LIBERTY 14/15 Moon Township, Pa. Noon 30 - 23 (W)

Sat, Sep 25 Wagner * - at Staten Island, N.Y. Noon 30 - 9 (W)

Sat, Oct 02 Saint Francis * - at Loretto, Pa. 1:00 p.m. 35 - 14 (W)

Sat, Oct 09 MONMOUTH * - Moon Township, Pa. Noon 17 - 16 (W)

Sat, Oct 16 ALBANY * - Moon Township, Pa. Noon 38 - 0 (W)

Sat, Oct 30 DUQUESNE * - Moon Township, Pa. Noon 34 - 11 (W)

Sat, Nov 06 CENTRAL CONN. STATE * - Moon Township, Pa. Noon 42 - 24 (W)

Sat, Nov 13 Bryant * - at Smithfield, R.I. Noon 21 - 27 (L)

Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) Playoffs

Sat, Nov 27 North Dakota State 25 at Fargo, N.D. 7:00 p.m.

* Conference Games

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            << Previous Season

© 2010 - Robert Morris University
            All Rights Reserved Site Map | Contact Us | News Feed (RSS) | Privacy & Terms

College Sports Direct

Comment

I predict Robert Morris gets as close to the endzone in Fargo as UND did in Brookings yesterday. Then in Bozeman, the Bison's playoff run will end.

You can only go so far in the FCS playoffs with an offense as bad as NDSU's(Not UND bad, but I haven't really seen anything worse than the UND offense in 6 years of watching FCS fb). I'm still surprised they got in, but the more I look at it, I don't know who you could honestly argue that got hosed either.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

NDSU's top two quarterbacks were injured so the Bison have some special challenges ahead.

Comment

I'd guess NDSU is very lucky the field expanded to 20 this year.

With only 16 getting in, like before, they'd be watching at home.

The game vs. Robert Morris will be very interesting. With NDSU's 1 and 2 QB's both hurt, they may not score much again next week, and I can't imagine their D will give up much point wise either.

I'll go NDSU 9-7. NDSU kicks 3 fg's.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    NDSU's top two quarterbacks were injured so the Bison have some special challenges ahead.
                    I never thought about that. It will be a bit of a challenge and they might get by Robert Morris who I believe is not a fully funded conference in terms of scholarships. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      This is why we need a new stadium. A weak (many say last team in the playoffs) NDSU team gets to host a weak NEC team.

When we went to the playoffs our very good SDSU team had to go on the road and face the #1 team in the nation.

The Fargo dome allows them to buy their way in and have an easier road to boot.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
                      No doubt. In fact, I think their attendance numbers (accurate or not) may have been a factor in getting them into the playoffs period, not just an opportunity to host. I hope that isn't the case but I don't think they were very deserving win over Kansas or not. Maybe I'm just a skeptic but I gotta think money is an issue for the FCS and NDSU will provide some of that.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        No doubt. In fact, I think their attendance numbers (accurate or not) may have been a factor in getting them into the playoffs period, not just an opportunity to host. I hope that isn't the case but I don't think they were very deserving win over Kansas or not. Maybe I'm just a skeptic but I gotta think money is an issue for the FCS and NDSU will provide some of that.
                        When I saw the draw I figured the committee needed to replace some of the Montana money they will be losing this year. I really think it is odd that NDSU received a better draw then the 1st and 2nd place MVFC teams. Could the committee really really need a NDSU v MSU 2nd round game?

Comment

GT bid 100K for the game. Bids are looked at after the pairings are made....so bids make no difference in who gets in.

All 3 MV teams should win on saturday.

Comment

FCS is an absolute joke.

This is no different than the BCS. It's a naked cash grab masquerading as a legitimate means of determining a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                              When I saw the draw I figured the committee needed to replace some of the Montana money they will be losing this year. I really think it is odd that NDSU received a better draw then the 1st and 2nd place MVFC teams. Could the committee really really need a NDSU v MSU 2nd round game?
                              Probably just geography, NDSU is the closer team to MSU so that is where they went. WIU only got a harder draw because their bid was lower than CCU, I still can't figure that one out.

NDSU got in because of 7 DI wins and Kansas. In the end it was Liberty vs NDSU, LU had one more win, NDSU had a harder SOS(which supposedly was key this year), both beat FBS teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X