• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minett is through for the year.

Disappointing news for the Jacks.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...23/1002/SPORTS

Re: Minett is through for the year.

Big time bummer.

It's been great watching Kyle, and I wish a fast recovery and all the best, post SDSU football.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I have a feeling we are about to get an idea of what next year will look like in the backfield. Who else thinks Kool will be playing some RB Saturday? Kyle being out will also give Duffy a chance to shine in his last game. It should be an interesting afternoon. Keep in mind, not to downplay the Sue too much but the UND defense is not the NDSU defense.

Comment

Kyle Minett is a class act. He will be in the South Dakota State Hall of Fame. Kyle's leadership skill is outstanding. His guts, drive, and determination are unmatched.

It is a shame Kyle's career had to end this way. But of all people, Kyle would understand it is part of football. It is now up to Duff and Dom Clare to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
          I have a feeling we are about to get an idea of what next year will look like in the backfield. Who else thinks Kool will be playing some RB Saturday? Kyle being out will also give Duffy a chance to shine in his last game. It should be an interesting afternoon. Keep in mind, not to downplay the Sue too much but the UND defense is not the NDSU defense.
          It is not next year. Kool would need a lot of reps to be in the backfield Saturday. Perhaps they may run some of his established plays, but he will not be replacing Minett. Dom Clare has earned the back up spot behind Duffy. Lets see what Dom Clare can do before we speculate about Kool. Dom has earned that spot and has done one heck of a job returning kicks. It is a good spot to see what Dom can give the Jacks next year.

Comment

Certainly makes the game a little more questionable on a cold day! Well Tyler better strap up and come to play!
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              Certainly makes the game a little more questionable on a cold day! Well Tyler better strap up and come to play!
              IMO, I think that this game on Saturda with Kyle out is a great opportunity for the staff to get the younger backs into the game. Granted, I think that Duffy should get plenty of carries since it is his last college game in front of his collegiate and high school fans. BUt, let's start looking toward next year.

Maybe we can fudge the numbers and get Minnett a medical redshirt. /end daydream
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                It is not next year. Kool would need a lot of reps to be in the backfield Saturday. Perhaps they may run some of his established plays, but he will not be replacing Minett. Dom Clare has earned the back up spot behind Duffy. Lets see what Dom Clare can do before we speculate about Kool. Dom has earned that spot and has done one heck of a job returning kicks. It is a good spot to see what Dom can give the Jacks next year.
                Dom better keep his head and shoulders down and run hard in the hole. He got drilled on Saturday on one return because he didn't hit the hole hard and was running way too straight up and down.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think Dom will get plenty of opportunity Saturday but I believe it was TV who wrote that Kool will likely be moving back to RB in 2011. I don't call that replacing Minett, but from what was stated in the article it would seem that the RB position will be wide open (much like the QB spot) next fall. Kool has the reps and knows the system. I believe you will see Duffy, Dom and Kool in the backfield on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Dom better keep his head and shoulders down and run hard in the hole. He got drilled on Saturday on one return because he didn't hit the hole hard and was running way too straight up and down.

Watched this one on the DVR'd version....can't say I was impressed. I have heard from folks in the know that the Zenner kid is in the same mold as Minett, Koenig, Ronnick, etc. etc. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him next year at least a little bit.

With that said, I want to congratulate Kyle Minett on his outstanding career at SDSU!! You are one of the toughest sons-a-bitches I've ever seen and loved seeing you in Blue and Yellow over the past years.

Guys are definitely going to have to step it up next year...I'm sure they will, but there could be some growing pains...we as fans need to step-up and support them anyway.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

That's really a shame that he won't play Saturday. It would be nice to have him in even for a play to take a bow. He wouldn't probably want that but I hope he is properly recognized.

Kyle, thanks for the memories! Great athlete, great student, and a great human being! I hope we will continue to see you and your family in The Backyard every Saturday in the future!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

As a Bison fan I wanted to just make a quick post regarding Minett. It's really too bad he has to miss his last game at State, was hoping he could go on Saturday, not only to pound the Sioux but to finish his career at SDSU on a high note. I got the chance to listen to him talk on a Fargo radio station last week and all I can say is I was really impressed with how well he spoke and wish him nothing but the best. What amazes me when watching him run is his great balance, he got nailed a couple of times on Saturday and he just doesn't go down and he never quits. So when they announce his name on Saturday, stand up and cheer SDSU fans, send him off with an ovation he'll never forget, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know but he deserves it. Good luck and take it to the Sioux on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by mnbison View Post
                          As a Bison fan I wanted to just make a quick post regarding Minett. It's really too bad he has to miss his last game at State, was hoping he could go on Saturday, not only to pound the Sioux but to finish his career at SDSU on a high note. I got the chance to listen to him talk on a Fargo radio station last week and all I can say is I was really impressed with how well he spoke and wish him nothing but the best. What amazes me when watching him run is his great balance, he got nailed a couple of times on Saturday and he just doesn't go down and he never quits.
                          I have been amazed he doesn't get hurt more. He pounds and pounds up the middle every game and he's running into some pretty good sized players. It's been fun watching him the last couple of years and he should be very proud of his career. Just never knew when he was going to break through the middle and be gone. Nice to have that durable runner.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Dom has put in a lot of time waiting his turn to get a chance, I hope he gets a bunch of reps on Saturday so we can see what he can do.
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              That's really a shame that he won't play Saturday. It would be nice to have him in even for a play to take a bow. He wouldn't probably want that but I hope he is properly recognized.

Kyle, thanks for the memories! Great athlete, great student, and a great human being! I hope we will continue to see you and your family in The Backyard every Saturday in the future!

SUPERBUNNY
                              This sums it up pretty good again for me.

I stated my great respect for Kyle Minett on another thread after the Mo. St. game. One of my favorite players ever at SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X