Please, please, please beat The Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, please, please beat The Who?

Good luck this weekend. Run up the score on the no namers!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Please, please, please beat The Who?

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    No Minett, no Fischer, a QB that may or may not bounce back from the most disappointing performance of his young career. Attendance likely won't break 5000 and there will almost certainly be more who fans there than SDSU students.

I'm not sure what to expect on Saturday.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
      How does that saying up there go again?

no namers SUCK!

I think I quoted the bison faithful correctly

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        No Minett, no Fischer, a QB that may or may not bounce back from the most disappointing performance of his young career. Attendance likely won't break 5000 and there will almost certainly be more who fans there than SDSU students.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

The attendance is going to be low. And, to me, that is a joke. We talk on here about moving the band and students to open up "prime" seats for season ticket holders. Well, until those ticket holders learn that their tickets are good for every game I hope they don't do anything. I, for one, will be there in my seat just like I have every week.

Just because the team is a little down doesn't mean you bail. And, if you do bail on them, then you aren't a real fan. Perhaps instead of a point system in deciding where your seats are, maybe attendance should be factored in.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            The attendance is going to be low. And, to me, that is a joke. We talk on here about moving the band and students to open up "prime" seats for season ticket holders. Well, until those ticket holders learn that their tickets are good for every game I hope they don't do anything. I, for one, will be there in my seat just like I have every week.

Just because the team is a little down doesn't mean you bail. And, if you do bail on them, then you aren't a real fan. Perhaps instead of a point system in deciding where your seats are, maybe attendance should be factored in.
            That is a really interesting idea.

With bar code readers, I don't see any reason why this couldn't be a part of the equation.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Attendence would be hard to monitor. If you give your tickets away or someone else chooses to sit in your seat, and you are not there to drive them off, does that butt count on your attendence record?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Attendence would be hard to monitor. If you give your tickets away or someone else chooses to sit in your seat, and you are not there to drive them off, does that butt count on your attendence record?
                Yes, it would count. If you have tickets to a game and don't use them (either by you or someone else) then you shouldn't be treated better than someone who makes the effort to get a butt in the seat.

I always make sure that if I cannot go to a game that there is someone there to take my spot. Heck, doing that the last couple years has led to 4 new season ticket holders.

Comment

Yes, it would count. If you have tickets to a game and don't use them (either by you or someone else) then you shouldn't be treated better than someone who makes the effort to get a butt in the seat.

I always make sure that if I cannot go to a game that there is someone there to take my spot. Heck, doing that the last couple years has led to 4 new season ticket holders.
                  Good for you.

Comment

Serious question. What ARE they calling themselves these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Good for you.

Good comback. He's deadone IMO. IMO there's no reason why attendance shouldn't be used with the priority point system, wether you're using the ticket or not, as long as it's used.

Bottom line, our student athletes who work their tails off, deserve better than a fair-weather fanbase.

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        Good comback. He's deadone IMO. IMO there's no reason why attendance shouldn't be used with the priority point system, wether you're using the ticket or not, as long as it's used.

Bottom line, our student athletes who work their tails off, deserve better than a fair-weather fanbase.

Go Jacks!!
                        Exactly. Until this fanbase realizes that they should be at the game regardless of how the season is going, the program will not be moving forward.

Low attendance on Saturday is a slap in the face to the players that will be taking the field for the last time. For those that will be there on Saturday I know that the players appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          I'm pretty sure just UND.

No nickname at all.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Still the Sioux until June. But the name is almost gone except for at home. For away games, they tend to ask the host school to use UND or North Dakota for just about everything(scoreboard, announcer, programs, etc.) and not to use the Sioux head logo. I'm not sure about their hockey jerseys, but I think all their other clothing just says UND or North Dakota.

Quite frankly, I don't think they've completely decided on how to handle everything. I overheard a conversation at an NDSU sporting event in September where the topic came up. This conversation included some very, very top members of NDSU university and athletic staff. Someone asked how NDSU was going to handle the Sioux issue for the upcoming NDSU/UND volleyball and basketball games. The response was that NDSU was going to follow UND's wishes, but those wishes seemed to change frequently. Sometimes they wanted NDSU to use the Sioux name and logo, then it was only the name without the logo, then it was neither, then it was just the name again. In the end, I think UND asked for neither, since I only saw them referred to as UND at the volleyball game.

After this athletic season, they will only be referred to as UND or North Dakota for around three years. During that time, a committee will meet regularly to see if a new name should be chosen and when. It's possible(but unlikely) that a new name will occur spontaneously and later be officially sanctioned. It's far more likely that the committee will choose a new nickname after two or three years.

Current possibilities:
                            - Roughriders (TR connection and link to the western half of ND)
                            - Flames (unlikely, but a flame is UND's academic symbol)
                            - Spirit (UND's new fundraising campaign is titled "Ignite the Spirit" - it could catch on)
                            - Flyers (doubtful because of the NHL franchise, but it would be a link to the GF Air Force Base)
                            - Flickertails (UND's nickname before the Sioux - not going to happen)
                            - Force (I think they had planned to use this one until the junior league Fargo hockey team chose it; if they fold - doubtful - UND might grab it back)
                            - something to do with oil for the western connection again

I'm guessing it will be Roughriders or something not on this list.

Comment

They recently unveiled the preliminary Roughrider logo...

Comment

Working...
                              X