Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget rivalry games, D2 fans are NUTS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget rivalry games, D2 fans are NUTS!!!

I found this psychotic on the D2mess board:

I TVoed the game and just watched the first half. Boy that was rough. Ugly football, sloppy QB play, horrible WR's on SDSU. I am postive UMD would beat both of these teams and possibly SCSU and Auggie. Boy this is ugly. These two teams are supposed to be top notch D1aa squads and they can't even do fundamental things right... Im asking myself the question is there even a gap between alot of good D2 teams and good D1aa teams and I think theres no gap really...
    And just for the record, I think SDSU had some of the best WR's I have seen all year. Probably only UNI looked better on the WR position.

Re: Forget rivalry games, D2 fans are NUTS!!!

As far as any NSIC team beating the Bison or Jacks, no way. A few hits from the Bison or Jacks D would send them reeling. And team speed is no way comparable. What that poster doesn't understand is that the Jacks & Bison play a level of D that makes the offenses look less effective than they really are.

Now give any of the top D2 teams 4 INTs, with 2 for scores and they may hang with for a while, but win? Not gonna happen. The Jacks and Bison are not the Sioux
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

and there is no way that USF would beat North Dakota, no way that Wisconsin LaCrosse would beat SDSU, no way USD would beat Minnesota and no way that USD would lose to Lamar. UMD beating SDSU or NDSU is less far fetched than many upsets that have already happened this year alone. I am almost positive on a neutral field that UMD would play USD close at worst but I also believe there is at least a 75% chance that UMD would win the game.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        and there is no way that USF would beat North Dakota, no way that Wisconsin LaCrosse would beat SDSU, no way USD would beat Minnesota and no way that USD would lose to Lamar. UMD beating SDSU or NDSU is less far fetched than many upsets that have already happened this year alone. I am almost positive on a neutral field that UMD would play USD close at worst but I also believe there is at least a 75% chance that UMD would win the game.
        You still have this delusion?? What is it with UXD fans and this delusion?? It's like a holdover from D2 mentality. XDSU fans do not have this.

P.S.: Lamar is in the same division as you.

Comment

(Smack) then why the hell did USD waste their time moving up if they couldnt be a D2 team.

(Not Smack) congrats bisonator on your win today.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            (Smack) then why the hell did USD waste their time moving up if they couldnt be a D2 team.

(Not Smack) congrats bisonator on your win today.
            Thanks. That guy Tyrel Kool?? Man, wish he was a Bison.

Comment

Who you a fan of? You stand behind a Coyote name and have a Big Sky avatar. Your postings are largely long negative diatribes on any board you visit. If you are a fan of the 'Yotes you should back them not rip on them. That is our job not yours

You seem to have an issue. To quote Ray Davies of the Kinks, "Its Your Attitude." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpyxLCySsVI
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
                Nah, yellow and blue is Kool.

Comment

Tell those dipsh*ts to go to a FCS game in person, preferably not USD versus Khloe Kardashian's husband.

Domino is the size of Augie's d-ends and is about .5 seconds faster in the 40. NDSU's d-line would make Augie, UMD or whoever's o-line wish they were watching from the sidelines.

Size and speed. I've watched Augie in person since the move to D-1. The difference in size and speed is laughable.

Lightning can strike now and then for those lower level schools. If they played a full FCS schedule with their rosters, they would be down to scout teamers playing by the end of the year.

Comment

I read the same crap from the UND fans who have the impression that their old D2 teams would be successful at the FCS level. If you actually believe that there is a 75% chance UMD would beat the Coyotes, maybe we invited the wrong team to the MVFC.

Of course now that Indiana State have improved we could use a bottom feeder in conference play. Come think of it USD will fit right in. WELCOME YOTES!!!

Comment

Who cares what fans of DII programs think? Who cares what players on those teams think? You play the game against the team that is on the field and one team wins.

There are different levels to allow for competition in a relative spectrum. Only the less intelligent or naive person would suggest that top teams from lower levels would compete immediately at the higher level. These same people would suggest that a single victory by USD over the Gophers or USF over UND equates with competing at the higher level.

I recall the day when USD made the DII playoffs exclusively because of the defection of the top programs from the NCC/DII. Some people refused and still refused to recognize the relativity of that accomplishment. It now applies to Augie. They hadn't been in the playoffs for 30 years and now, DII is relatively less competitive and here they are.

I also recall Bison fans chirping about a bowl game and FCS domination after there first season at the DI level. It doesn't come that easy.

It's called logic and some people need to use it.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Who cares what fans of DII programs think? Who cares what players on those teams think? You play the game against the team that is on the field and one team wins.

There are different levels to allow for competition in a relative spectrum. Only the less intelligent or naive person would suggest that top teams from lower levels would compete immediately at the higher level. These same people would suggest that a single victory by USD over the Gophers or USF over UND equates with competing at the higher level.

I recall the day when USD made the DII playoffs exclusively because of the defection of the top programs from the NCC/DII. Some people refused and still refused to recognize the relativity of that accomplishment. It now applies to Augie. They hadn't been in the playoffs for 30 years and now, DII is relatively less competitive and here they are.

I also recall Bison fans chirping about a bowl game and FCS domination after there first season at the DI level. It doesn't come that easy.

Great post Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

Puhhhhhlease take this thread out of its misery. It's a nonsensical premise from a Div. II fan passed on by a Bison fan who posted it on a Jackrabbit forum. That's three degrees of separation from logic right there. Factor in Bison and UMD bias, you're five degrees from reality. This is our smack section, not their bizarro world.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
                            Your south dakota boys on the roster, wish they were jacks.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Your south dakota boys on the roster, wish they were jacks.
                              Yeah take away Colton Boyer's int, and the game is tied.

Comment

Working...
                              X