Luke Meadows and TOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Meadows and TOB

Never been a fan of Meadows, even when he was a "genious" when Berry was under center. TOB, I defended all year.

I'm done with both. Eric Eidsness and Austin Sumner should be in those two positions next year.

Those two jokers have cost this team way too many games this year. With the game 14 all today in the 2nd half, all Meadows wants to do is throw when his rotten quarterback can't hit an open receiver and throws into coverage way too much. I know Minett was hurt. But they seem to think Duffy is quite capable, so why didn't they run the ball? Either that or bring in Clare.

Straw that broke the camel's back was today. These two guys should be out. Is this a knee jerk reaction? Maybe. Should it be considered? Absolutely.

Re: Luke Meadows and TOB

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    Never been a fan of Meadows, even when he was a "genious" when Berry was under center. TOB, I defended all year.

I'm done with both. Eric Eidsness and Austin Sumner should be in those two positions next year.

Those two jokers have cost this team way too many games this year. With the game 14 all today in the 2nd half, all Meadows wants to do is throw when his rotten quarterback can't hit an open receiver and throws into coverage way too much. I know Minett was hurt. But they seem to think Duffy is quite capable, so why didn't they run the ball? Either that or bring in Clare.

Straw that broke the camel's back was today. These two guys should be out. Is this a knee jerk reaction? Maybe. Should it be considered? Absolutely.
    Same old **** another day We NEVER throw the ball downfield to get the corners/safeties off of us.. Kool had to make a great play for that Td.. I know that TOB made a few mistakes today but I blame it on the system as well. Do u think the Bison was ready for the swing pass that we run all the time.?!?!?Minnett is our 2nd leading Wr dink and dunk dink and dunk dink and dunk

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
      Same old **** another day We NEVER throw the ball downfield to get the corners/safeties off of us.. Kool had to make a great play for that Td.. I know that TOB made a few mistakes today but I blame it on the system as well. Do u think the Bison was ready for the swing pass that we run all the time.?!?!?Minnett is our 2nd leading Wr dink and dunk dink and dunk dink and dunk
      TOB's line

South Dakota State Passing
      C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
      18/42 247 5.9 1 4

Sorry, but a few mistakes? He was 18-42 with 4 INT 2 went for scores. That is more then a few mistakes. A change is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        TOB's line

South Dakota State Passing
        C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
        18/42 247 5.9 1 4

Sorry, but a few mistakes? He was 18-42 with 4 INT 2 went for scores. That is more then a few mistakes. A change is needed.
        I agree that he didn't have a great day and he has to shoulder that burden. However our system sucks

Comment

You can't blame playcalling on at least two of those interceptions today. Plain and simple, TOB made some horrible decisions today. Sometimes you just need to curl up and take the sack. Better to punt for 40 than give up an INT on your own half of the field. I don't care if he's just a sophomore, he's played in enough games that he should know better.

Looking forward to some QB competition between Sumner and TOB next fall.

NDSU offense scored 17.
          NDSU defense scored 14.
          SDSU scored 24.

Comment

I agree that he didn't have a great day and he has to shoulder that burden. However our system sucks
            I would agree the system sucks. I am not a fan of Meadows play calling and he and TOB do not seem to be on the same page. Maybe EE steps in next year and TOB plays up to his ability. I do think Sumner gets a shot next year and if he is everything they say he could be your starting QB in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              You can't blame playcalling on at least two of those interceptions today. Plain and simple, TOB made some horrible decisions today. Sometimes you just need to curl up and take the sack. Better to punt for 40 than give up an INT on your own half of the field. I don't care if he's just a sophomore, he's played in enough games that he should know better.

Looking forward to some QB competition between Sumner and TOB next fall.

NDSU offense scored 17.
              NDSU defense scored 14.
              SDSU scored 24.

I would take Minnet in a second. Very good RB.

Bison passing game is pathetic with Mohler at the helm. Jensen will be the starter the next 3 yrs.....wish he would have played tonight.

Your punter is a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                I would take Minnet in a second. Very good RB.

Bison passing game is pathetic with Mohler at the helm. Jensen will be the starter the next 3 yrs.....wish he would have played tonight.

Your punter is a good one.
                Thanks for the good words regarding Kyle and Dean. While I also think the play calling is pretty predictable at times, the thing I am most surprised about is the coaches not working with TOB enough to get him to look off defenders. Most teams we play are having their defensive backs just watch TOB because he isn't looking away from his intended receiver. They are able to jump the routes because we are only running 3-8 yard routes. That is what they need to work on the most.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

That and perhaps a run threat from the QB.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Summing up the Jacks season.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      Summing up the Jacks season.
                      I'd say TV put it the best when he said the Jackrabbits have failed to meet ANY of the 2010 goals.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

This. Swing pass, slant, occasional 15 yard square in or 8 yard out and that's it. Maybe a seam pattern.

I agree 100% on the system.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The thing I don't understand is that we don't seem to have any plays that pass the ball more than 15 yards downfield. Yet we continually run 5 yard outs where the ball is in the air for 20 yards or more and there is greater risk of interception or returned interceptions. The risk to reward ratio seems high for those out patterns. Granted, maybe we still throw picks on 20 yard slants, but at least they won't get taken to the house.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

We don't have the personnel to be throwing the ball downfield all game. That's why Jaron Harris was so good to have. He had speed and he wasn't really short like SDSU's receivers now.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

For all of these reasons is why it's not one or the other. It's both of them. They are a match made in hell.

Ryan Berry and Jaron Harris made Luke Meadows. They were supreme talents two years ago. Meadows doesn't have a clue.

And TOB did not mature this year the way I expected him to. He's mostly the same quarterback after game ten that he was after game one. There wasn't the progression there should have been. When you have that much time to throw, you can't throw the sh*t out there he does. If there's nothing there, run or throw the ball away. And make sure when you throw it away you're not throwing to the far side of the field with no power on the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X