2011 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Recruits

Bronson Stueber of Jackson Co Central, MN recently committed to the jacks.
    A little info....

http://www.theguillotine.com/college...susteuber.html

Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
    Bronson Stueber of Jackson Co Central, MN recently committed to the jacks.
    A little info....

http://www.theguillotine.com/college...susteuber.html

Nice pickup, right on the heals of Kloetzer:

http://news.theopenmat.com/2010/11/k...mmits-to-sdsu/

Comment

Here is an article in the Argus Leader about one of our wrestling recruits. Sounds like he was highly recruited by other big programs and picked SDSU.

You can read the story here

Here is a quote from the story

“When I told the Boise State coach, he was like, ‘Wow, really?’” Kloetzer said. “I was talking to Liles and he was speechless, too. No one thought I was going to South Dakota State. I didn’t think I was going there until I took my visit.”

Apparently Boise State is ranked No. 2 in the country. I don't follow wrestling, but to steal a recruit from Boise State, University of Minnesota and Oregon is pretty good get.

Go State!!!
      Go Jacks!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

huge get for liles and staff...congrats again

this class is shaping up nicely right now..a few more of these big recruits sign this season and has the making of a top 20 class!

Comment

GoJacks has story on the 3 recruits who have signed LOI.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Colby Kloetzer, #47 recruit overall by Intermat from Idaho
          Bronson Steuber, 2-time Minnesota state champ from Jackson, #5 ranked recruit at 133
          Dylan Penka, ranked #1 in Kansas at 171

Comment

The Guillotine website (Minnesota) has us down for another recruit -
            Colten LaChance, a 149/157 lber from Hastings.

Comment

LaChance would be a nice pickup. Anytime that we can make some in roads with some of the major wrestling programs in Minnesota will help us down the road. Our history with Canby/Jackson, and other southwestern programs is important, but the Hastings, Simley, and Appley Valley programs churn out many stud DI prospects annually. Even my old stomping grounds of Albert Lea and Owatonna have produced DI prospects.

Look west young men, there are some excellent opportunities west of the border!

(Note - locking up the best South Dakotans needs to be at the top of the priority list.)

Comment

Minn state finals last night.

Stueber won it all in class A. JCC team tied.

Lachance lost the championship match and took 2nd. Lost to a very good Kingsley of AV.

Comment

Good article about a future Jack. http://www.dglobe.com/event/article/id/46647/

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Good article about a future Jack. http://www.dglobe.com/event/article/id/46647/
                    Nice article. This kid could be special for the Jacks and an excellent wrestler to help build a D1 program.

“I think he could be very good at this level. It takes a lot of work, but he’s been used to working hard. We think he’s the type of kid that could be a national qualifier and an All-American down the line for us.”
                    Jason Liles quote in Daily Globe

I see so many positives in this kid and I think those attributes will be a positive for the team.
                    • He's a 3-time state champ, in addition to a leader on a team championship. While Charlie Sheen is know for, "duh, winning!" statement - it does fit.
                    • He wrestles at 135 lbs. Finding quality wrestlers at this weight class can sometimes be difficult to find at the collegiate level. With an outstanding work ethic, you can often find diamonds in the rough who can compete with the best nationally.
                    • He has had to learn different styles of wrestling. Due to his torn labrum during his senior season, he had to change his wrestling style to protect his shoulder. This primarily involved working on his riding skills. At the collegiate level, it is important to master this skill with the bonus for riding time. It can often make a difference in the tight matches.
                    • He has learned how to deal through adversity while winning. Wrestling your senior year with a torn labrum creates adversity. Lets face it, he will be redshirting his first year, and then will be on a team that has struggled to win since jumping to D1.
                    I'm thrilled with this class of recruits! Bronson Stuebner will be a key building block in making SDSU competitive on the national level in future years.

Comment

Agree with you Gopherhole. I have watched Penka, Kloetzer, Steuber and LaChance matches over the last few days and like where the program is headed. Can't wait to see Caylor, Fleming and the rest of the RSFr compete next year.

Comment

The Guillotine website has another recruit listed - Dustin Dylla from United South Central. Finished 2nd in the State and is projected at 141 lbs. Welcome Dustin.

Comment

Intermat lists another recruit for next year - Nicholas Chavez, 133 lber from Cali. Welcome Nicholas.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                            Intermat lists another recruit for next year - Nicholas Chavez, 133 lber from Cali. Welcome Nicholas.
                            Having gone all season without a 133-pounder, it will be a relief to add some competitors at that spot!

Comment

Working...
                            X