The Academic Best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Academic Best

MVFC Commissioner Patti Viverito was in Coughlin yesterday to recognize the Jackrabbit football team as the top team in academics in the Missouri Valley Football Conference.

On the MVFC website, there's a story announcing 13 MVFC players were name to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District team including three from SDSU:
    Kyle Minnett; Tyler Duffy and Dean Priddy.

The other MVFC schools had the following:
    In Dist IV: YSU 1;
    in Dist V: SUI, 3; Indiana State, 2; WIU, 1; Illinois State, 1; and
    In Dist VII: SDSU 3; UNI, 1; Missouri State, 1.

Here's the story on the conference website: LINK

Go Jacks in the classroom!

Re: The Academic Best

Congrats to Minnett, Duffy, Priddy and the entire team. These student athletes give a large amount of time to their sport. To do that and maintain a high GPA is a testiment to their commitment and work ethic.

Good job Jacks.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Well done gents.

That isn't an easy accomplishment and it's awesome that we are at the top of the conference/nation year in-year out.

Comment

The Juniors are following the Seniors lead in the classroom.

Brad Iverson is pre med. Zach Buchner is in pharmacy school.

Stig runs the finest program in the Valley. We can all be proud of this award.

Comment

Tyler Duffy with his 4.0 GPA and EE major is very impressive. Seems to be a very humble guy who knows how to follow his blockers. Maybe its because he is a Brookings kid, but if he came from anywhere else he would be a great representative SA for SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Tyler Duffy with his 4.0 GPA and EE major is very impressive. Seems to be a very humble guy who knows how to follow his blockers. Maybe its because he is a Brookings kid, but if he came from anywhere else he would be a great representative SA for SDSU.
            4.0 in EE is crazy. My roommate is a CS major and he takes some EE classes and that stuff is ridiculously hard. I've taken math through Calc 3 and my head hurts just looking at that stuff. Props to Tyler.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This is a great award.

We are an academic institution, and this just shows the type of quality young men we have in our football program.

Congrats to Coach Stig, the staff, and of course the players.

Comment

4.0 in EE is ridiculous.. reminds me of another great jackrabbit.. Mitch Klien.. I was an EE and that kid (guy) was extremely smart. If he didn't have a 4.0 it was close.. and he deserved one IMO.

Comment

Working...
                X