We must protect this......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We must protect this......

Well of all the goals of the season it's come down to this one. A battle royale with Bizzzzzzzzzon of the north. A win here will A) Cure a lot of pain B) Go towards securing a winning season and a respectable finish in the Valley. A record of 5-3 (I think) would put us in the top three finish in the MVFC(without actually doing the legwork)...weird.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: We must protect this......

Then I guess there is only one more thing to do then, win the whole, f@#$ing thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

Well of all the goals of the season it's come down to this one. A battle royale with Bizzzzzzzzzon of the north. A win here will A) Cure a lot of pain B) Go towards securing a winning season and a respectable finish in the Valley. A record of 5-3 (I think) would put us in the top three finish in the MVFC(without actually doing the legwork)...weird.
      Let's do this and send their playoff hopes crashing to the ground.

Comment

What is that thing?

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          What is that thing?
          Good post, Hando -- a loyal Bison fan with a good sense of humor.

Tell you what, Hando, it'll be in the Fargo Dome for a few hours this coming Saturday...but just a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
            What is that thing?
            nothing you need worry your pretty little bison-head over. I know it's been a while for you guys so don't worry about it, we'll hold on to it for everybody. It's just safer that way.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

We win if...defense plays like it did against Missouri State and O'Brien has no more than one pick. I think it's about as simple as that.

GO JACKS!
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Ditto. All about the defense and no turnovers on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                  Ditto. All about the defense and no turnovers on Saturday.
                  To be fair, I think that this could be said of any game.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I haven't been this excited about a Bison game in a long time. Maybe Minnesota in 07.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      To be fair, I think that this could be said of any game.
                      True statement but especially so for the Jacks. I also forgot to mention limit the penalties.

This years Jacks are not built to play from behind and score quickly. For example the MN Viqueens last Sunday. The Jacks are built to play from ahead with our running game.

We need to pass when we want to pass, not when we have to pass. In that artificial, fake noise environment that we'll face in the Fargo Dump, we do not want to have too many third and longs.

Comment

I think the key to this victory is scoring more points than the other team in the time alloted. Usually that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                          I think the key to this victory is scoring more points than the other team in the time alloted. Usually that works.
                          Madden couldnt even say it better then that.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My 2 Cents:

I've seen a decent amount of NDSU games this year and I've seen all of SDSU's games.

The Bison have been a hard team to figure out and have been pretty inconsistent.

They seem to run 3 plays. Run the ball with DJ, play-action pass to a FB or TE, and play-action pass deep to WR Halloway.

The "key" to the game in my opinion is if SDSU can get pressure on the QB. The Bison O-Line is a good run blocking unit (per usual), but their pass protection has been a little suspect. SDSU's biggest weakness this year IMO has been getting pressure on the QB. Whichever unit wins that battle will win the game.

Their QB Mohler is the wildcard because you never quite know what you're going to get. Sometimes he will surprise with a nice 30 yard pass with some zip, and other times he will do something that makes you scratch your head. That's why I think it's key that SDSU puts pressure on him. My favorite college football play this year is when Mohler took off running against Illinois St and had a decent 20-30 yd. Than to end the play, instead of stepping out of bounds, he tries to run over a CB but the CB just flattens him and he fumbles the ball. It was pretty hilarious.
                            http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

I must confess. The ISU blue game, I was at stupid wedding in Groton and did not wear my SDSU blue game day shirt, that is why they lost. Every game I wear the blue shirt, they win, everytime I dont, they loose. I feel some what responsible for this happening, So don;t worry, even though I am 29, I told him wife to bury me in my blue game day shirt when I am old and die. So that way I have it on for every game for ever.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X