Sparky Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparky Anderson

Bridgewater native and Baseball hall of fame manager Sparky Anderson died today at 76. Rest in Peace, skipper.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Sparky Anderson

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    Bridgewater native and Baseball hall of fame manager Sparky Anderson died today at 76. Rest in Peace, skipper.
    Sad, He will remain a legend in baseball for ever. 76 seems to young.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Sad, He will remain a legend in baseball for ever. 76 seems to young.
      Sparky looked liked he was in his 60's when he managed the Big Red Machine,but he was only in his late 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Sparky looked liked he was in his 60's when he managed the Big Red Machine,but he was only in his late 30's.
        yeah thats what I thought, I heard 76 and then they showed the video and I thought thats how old he was when he was managing back in the late 70's.

Comment

The Detroit media has been playing tribute after tribute to him since he passed. The Detroit Free Press ran a very good tribute to him, it may be in the online paper. According to his friends he has been ill for a long time and apparantly went down hill fast the past few months. South Dakota has lost a golden son and gentleman.

Comment

I caught part of Calling all Sports with Mike H today and they were talking about Sparking and had our friend Stu Whitney on who had interviewed Sparky more than once. Stu mentioned something about dementia had put him in hospice where Sparky died. It sounded like a sad ending of beautiful life. My condolences to his family and especially to any remaining relatives in the Bridgewater area. They said he was very proud of his roots in SD which where pulled up at the age of 9 and transplanted in California. I suspect that would have been in 1943, a time when many South Dakota people headed to Southern California for jobs primairly.

Comment

Working...
            X