USD to MVFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD to MVFC

Thought this was a little bit news worthy.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2010 ... /101103040

Out of left field, holy bejeezus.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Re: USD to MVFC

Smart move on the MVFC part. USD makes it a 10 team conference.

Comment

I'm so happy...can't even express it!!! Good for the great state of South Dakota!!! May our kids and current college kids now see a rivalry.

I have felt like my insides had been ripped out the last few days...nice to know the rivalry will continue. For the first and most likely last time, cheers to you USD.

Comment

I think this is great news! SDSU needs a short trip in all sports and another conference game wouldn't hurt in football. South Dakota kids can renew their rivalries after high school. Both schools get a series of big-time attendance games. This is a winning move for student athletes of both schools.

This goes back to somebody's (was it usdfbalum?) statement that for SDSU to succeed, USD doesn't have to fail and vice versa. USD's good news doesn't have to be bad news for SDSU. The knee-jerk hate-state, screw-the-u crowd might not like it. I grew up in that atmosphere but it's time to move on. We can't control what some fans on either side think or do. All we can do is police our own.

There is no rational argument that makes this a bad move, only emotional ones. This is the new reality. I'm going to enjoy the renewal of the rivalry in all sports.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This is good news and congratulations to USD. Their administration certainly played their cards right and should be commended.

Welcome to the MVFC Yotes, thanks for staying in the Summit.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            USD makes it a 10 team conference.
            So what's going to go on with this? The thing that makes sense now is to expand the league to 12.

It's been said over and over on here. 10 isn't a good number. 2 non-conference games. Or not playing one team in the league each year.

Comment

Great news. By far the best solution for both USD and SDSU.

Comment

Have to admit this caught me totally by surprise! Looks like Douple was able to get some quick behind-the-doors movement by the MVFC presidents. Only bad thing about it for me is having to consider whether I'm going to go and watch basketball in the Dome, which is a horrible place for that sport. Hope the pressure builds to get a basketball facility built down there.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                  So what's going to go on with this? The thing that makes sense now is to expand the league to 12.

It's been said over and over on here. 10 isn't a good number. 2 non-conference games. Or not playing one team in the league each year.
                  I don't think 10 is an ideal number but you can make it work. The years that you play 5 home games, you can pick up a money game and a road non-conference game. The other years, you pick up a home non-conference game so you still have 5 home games. It would be nice to get 6 home games but SDSU doesn't have that this year so what's the difference. If you really wanted 6 home games, you could schedule a DII or a patsy team with no return game.
                  I think this is a good deal. This keeps USD in the Summit. The MVFC has hand shakes before the game and they police the games fairly well. I wasn't real impressed with the pre-Illinois State games activities but that was cured and if something happened here, it would be, too.

Comment

As a Bison fan, I think this is absolutely awesome! Welcome to the MVFC Yotes!

Comment

This is totally awesome. Glad to see that so many people (including USD's admin!) realized that this was the best solution. Good work by the MVFC for getting this done as well.

I'm honestly a little surprised by this, but it is a good thing for sure.

Now USD people don't have to talk themselves into the BSC.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                        This is totally awesome. Glad to see that so many people (including USD's admin!) realized that this was the best solution. Good work by the MVFC for getting this done as well.

I'm honestly a little surprised by this, but it is a good thing for sure.

Now USD people don't have to talk themselves into the BSC.
                        Or not hear USD people blame SDSU for not trying to help them.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Three out of four old NCC "Dakota " teams in the same conference isn't too bad.I think, in a way , UND going to ,as well as SUU,the BSC , helped the MV football conference to decide maybe they should expand a little to provide a little cushion to any future defections,while there are still good candidates available.Congadulations USD,welcome aboard.

Comment

I wonder how well UND is liking this. I am sure they are not impressed.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I would suggest an 8 game conference schedule, instead of unbalanced every year. If for instance, one year USD or NDSU is not on the conference schedule, a game could be negotiated and scheduled on the side as a nonconference game. It keeps the rivalry going, and keeps the conference fair.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X