SDSU vs USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU vs USD

According to TV the Jacks lost to the Coyotes after leading 2-1. Disappointing but understandable given the motivation. Nice win for the Coyotes regardless.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: SDSU vs USD

I think it's a distraction playing a meaningless game in the middle of a heated battle for a spot in the playoffs.Now they have to get
    all pumped up again.That shouldn't be much of a problem though, playing the Bison.GO Jacks!

Comment

Alright...I'll say it.

Coach Allison-Brewer best "kick it in gear". IMO, if she isn't on a short-leash I'm calling a double-standard here given the success that this team had early in transition. Disagree if you'd like, I'm sure there's more people on here that have seen this team play than I have. But losing like they did to Drake and now USD(especially USD) there is obviously a lack of focus when they are in the lead and IMO that's on coaching in most cases.

If I was Coach Allison-Brewer, making the 4-team playoffs this year should be VERY important to her job security.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        alright...i'll say it.

Coach allison-brewer best "kick it in gear". Imo, if she isn't on a short-leash i'm calling a double-standard here given the success that this team had early in transition. Disagree if you'd like, i'm sure there's more people on here that have seen this team play than i have. But losing like they did to drake and now usd(especially usd) there is obviously a lack of focus when they are in the lead and imo that's on coaching in most cases.

If i was coach allison-brewer, making the 4-team playoffs this year should be very important to her job security.

Go jacks!!
        wow...............really?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          wow...............really?
          yeah really we should not lose to USD in anything, including tiddly winks.

Comment

Hold the boat....let's not turn my post into it being all about the USD loss. This post is about the leads that this team continues to give up...including the one loss to a USD team that by my understanding, isn't very good...AT HOME...after being up 2-1...again...AT HOME. USD has won a grand total of 5 road matches, 9 total wins, the latest one against SDSU in Frost. I'm not going to waste my time looking up their RPI, but I'm sure it's probably one of the lowest when compared to the rest of the Summit.

I guarantee the players from the early transition team that took SDSU to the First-Ever NCAA post-season tournament wouldn't be very happy about the state of their program either...but maybe I'm wrong. Been wrong before, but on this, I'm fairly confident I'm not.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              yeah really we should not lose to USD in anything, including tiddly winks.
              Imagine if playing USD was a true rivalry game - cannot even imagine the outcry........

Was not there, but heard it was a spirited competition by the women last night - fun to watch. Have always like women's vb and hope USD can work hard to improve to be competitive at the D1 level. Lot's of work to do for the coaches and team, but a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
                Imagine if playing USD was a true rivalry game - cannot even imagine the outcry........

Was not there, but heard it was a spirited competition by the women last night - fun to watch. Have always like women's vb and hope USD can work hard to improve to be competitive at the D1 level. Lot's of work to do for the coaches and team, but a step in the right direction.
                Difficult to know the real significance of the win. I think more telling, SDSU's inability to close out matches against lesser teams. That is not intended to take anything away from what must be a scrappy and talented USD team that has improved dramatically the last year or two. Again, kudos to USD and shame on SDSU for losing another winnable match on the Frost arena floor.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

usdfbalum;162941]Imagine if playing USD was a true rivalry game - cannot even imagine the outcry........
                  But of course since it's a women's sport that's not Basketball, nothing should really be on the line right? I get it now.

As a Jackrabbit fan...I guess I expect more out of any of the 19 teams...my apologizes if that's not the same for fans down-south, I've definitely noticed that fact so-far in USD's transition when it comes to the "other sports".

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits
                    This team should have made post season all three years, based on the talent they have they should be dominating this conference. I agree coaching is an issue!
                    I don't know if I really agree with this. Andrew left the cupboard completely bare. He might have done a little better but that's because some of the players wouldn't have transfered out. I wonder what would have happened if he didn't run Phil out. There are the players there now but they were young 2 years ago.
                    I think SDSU shouldn't blow leads like this. I will give the coach another year, just like coach Nagy, because we start more underclassmen than upperclassmen. There was some improvement this year. I do think it's easier to get D1 caliber players for the women's sports than the men's sports though.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      I think it's a distraction playing a meaningless game in the middle of a heated battle for a spot in the playoffs.Now they have to get
                      all pumped up again.That shouldn't be much of a problem though, playing the Bison.GO Jacks!
                      I think I remember coach saying this when we played them earlier in the season. He/She said that it wasn't a conference game and it wasn't stressed as much. I know a coach said that but I don't remember which one.

Comment

But of course since it's a women's sport that's not Basketball, nothing should really be on the line right? I get it now.

As a Jackrabbit fan...I guess I expect more out of any of the 19 teams...my apologizes if that's not the same for fans down-south, I've definitely noticed that fact so-far in USD's transition when it comes to the "other sports".

Go Jacks!!
                        No, propar80 - not what I meant, but I guess I understand how you took my comment. USD is trying to be more well rounded and it is showing. I love VB, WBB, track and field even though my passion is FB.

If USD can keep getting more victories like this perhaps we will even have a rivalry going between USD and SDSU.

Comment

Alright...I'll say it.

Coach Allison-Brewer best "kick it in gear". IMO, if she isn't on a short-leash I'm calling a double-standard here given the success that this team had early in transition. Disagree if you'd like, I'm sure there's more people on here that have seen this team play than I have. But losing like they did to Drake and now USD(especially USD) there is obviously a lack of focus when they are in the lead and IMO that's on coaching in most cases.

If I was Coach Allison-Brewer, making the 4-team playoffs this year should be VERY important to her job security.

Go Jacks!!
                          Her job is not in jeopardy. It's just not. She wants to win, but it's a young team. The former coach left very little behind, ran off a top assistant, stole a player or two, and left at the last minute.

Nanabah is a fine person and a good leader. Her players like playing for her. She'll get this figured out. She and her husband are also very important and well-liked members of the campus community.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Can we please quit making this about the last coach. This coach is in her 3rd year and has groomed all of these players in HER system. If they can't finish that's on her. They are average at best. Can they compete with the best in the league, YES but they are horribly inconsistent. Pretty sure the old assistant is pretty happy where he is, top 50 RPI. That doesn't mean he would have won at SDSU though. Pretty sure Coach Allison-Brewer has "RUN OFF" her fair share of coaches in her short tenure as well. Time for this team to put up. It has nothing to do with her and her husband being liked by the campus community, it has to do with or SHOULD have to do with whether her teams win or not. This isn't high school, it's DIVISION I. Justin Sell is about winning and he won't stand for watching Jackrabbit teams not making the post-season.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Well said gojacks89, time to stop making excuses for this coach. Not sure who JimmyJack's source is, but pretty sure his comments are not 100% accurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X