Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons Why the Yotes should go to the Big Sky

Top 5:

1) Go off into athletic oblivion and we never have to hear about them anymore.

2) It will cost them more money for their athletic department.

3) Football team has to travel in the Big Sky and we get even better in football with more fans and recruitment.

4) None of the parents of the players can easily see a conference road game......of any sport...ever. (Maybe UND?)

5) We don't have to renew the game that they want so bad.

In all honesty, SDSU may need them in the Summit. But I seriously hope they go to the Big Sky and they completely fall apart and have no choice but to go back to D-II. That would make my day. If SDSU didn't have to play USD in anything ever again and they went away, I'd be ok with that.

Anybody else?
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Reasons Why the Yotes should go to the Big Sky

A dome team in the Big Sky Conference would be an abomination of the first order.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      A dome team in the Big Sky Conference would be an abomination of the first order.
      NAU already has one.

Comment

Montana will have to play a game in South Dakota.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Going to the Big Sky makes a lot of sense for USD. I hope they go/ there. For Jacks fans, it would add interest to occasional rivalry games with USD ibecause it would bring a conference vs. conference element to an old and worn-out rivalry. Playing in the Big Sky also would expose the state of South Dakota to a broader area. Heck, I'd even cheer for the Coyotes to beat Montana, if that game ever came about. Besides, I'm tired of reading "why won't SDSU play us" crap. Getting into a real conference would give Coyote fans something else to talk about. Go, Yotes. And take UND with you.
          This space for lease.

Comment

According to Coyote Fan(im sure the same one we know and love on here), on AGS, he thinks that NDSU and SDSU are politicing against both UND and USD to keep them both out of the MVFC. He then thinks(wishful thinking im sure) that the U's would end up in the Big Sky leading to the demise of the Summit Leauge. And ironicly, the State U's would have to beg their way into the Big Sky because they had no other conference for their non football sports but would be turned down as a result of USD and UND giving them the middle finger. I can see him shaking the whole time he typed that.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              Montana will have to play a game in South Dakota.
              Montana and Montana State will be in the WAC

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Going to the Big Sky makes a lot of sense for USD. I hope they go/ there. For Jacks fans, it would add interest to occasional rivalry games with USD ibecause it would bring a conference vs. conference element to an old and worn-out rivalry. Playing in the Big Sky also would expose the state of South Dakota to a broader area. Heck, I'd even cheer for the Coyotes to beat Montana, if that game ever came about. Besides, I'm tired of reading "why won't SDSU play us" crap. Getting into a real conference would give Coyote fans something else to talk about. Go, Yotes. And take UND with you.

What he said, rep points for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  According to Coyote Fan(im sure the same one we know and love on here), on AGS, he thinks that NDSU and SDSU are politicing against both UND and USD to keep them both out of the MVFC. He then thinks(wishful thinking im sure) that the U's would end up in the Big Sky leading to the demise of the Summit Leauge. And ironicly, the State U's would have to beg their way into the Big Sky because they had no other conference for their non football sports but would be turned down as a result of USD and UND giving them the middle finger. I can see him shaking the whole time he typed that.
                  The Summit has been doing just fine without USD or UND. Have fun playing out west, good luck to ya.

Comment

I'm actually in favor of this.

I agree we really don't need to play them in anything, and this would make it fun to have the occasional contest, but not mandatory.

Plus, the notion that SDSU/NDSU being without a conference is laughable in other sports. If something did happen to the summit, I'm sure there would be a way to move into the Valley fulltime.

And to tell you the truth, the Big Sky without the Montana schools, is a MUCH weaker conference than the Summit and the Valley.

Go Yotes Go, and don't let the door hit you in the keister on the way out.

Comment

Have we all missed the obvious?
                      1. To be in a conference for football...

2. To have a different basis for a claim of how they are better at this or that... Remember.. they beat the Mighty U of M, and we failed to do so.

Comment

1. Wouldn't it be more appropriate for a Coyote to 'howl' in the "Big Sky Conference"? (The Dome division of the Big Sky - at that)

2. It would give them all a conspiracy theory that the XDSU administrations streamlined it for them to get into the Big Sky Conference, so WE don't have to play THEM and continue our centuries of avoiding them.

3. It would ensure all of us that the Montana schools move up and out of 1AA, since we all know that they won't play football in the Dakotas.

4. It will give us years of comeback material after enduring years of hearing that we have ruined the NCC for geographically ridiculous rivalry games with Oral Roberts or Oakland University. (As they get stoked for the Stressful Sacramento State Showdowns or the Wicked Weber State Wars. Awesome!!!)

Comment

as i've stated in every thread on this subject..............PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this happen. It will be epic as I won't have to listen to UND on the radio as I will be in bed by the time the games start, Dan Hammer will be too tired to do his UND radio show, and then to hear them cry when UM and MSU leave in a year after they commit to take their place.

PLEASE, PLEASE

btw...everyday I wait for the "Breaking News" headline to come on the Forum and announce to the world they have just joined the Pac-10 of FCS and everyday I'm getting more nervous it isn't going to happen
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            Have we all missed the obvious?
                            1. To be in a conference for football...

2. To have a different basis for a claim of how they are better at this or that... Remember.. they beat the Mighty U of M, and we failed to do so.
                            I didn't think of this - N O B O D Y tell them that the Big Sky's U of M is Montana. They might think it's the U of Minnesota - a sure win in FB for them. I'm with TJ Bison, make it happen - I'm tired of hearing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              he thinks that NDSU and SDSU are politicing against both UND and USD to keep them both out of the MVFC.
                              My opinion: Chicoine will lobby to get USD into the Valley. I don't know how hard, but I am 99 and 44/100% sure that Chicoine would support USD and SDSU in the same conferences for all sports.

UND, on the other hand, I can't see Chicoine lobbying hard for them. Seriously, what have they brought to the table? Zilch. UND has done nothing for SDSU, so SDSU owes them nothing.

From Fargo, things might be a bit different, but look at the different scenarios:

USD has been accepted into the Summit, they *have a home* for 14 of their sports. They need to be in the Valley (eventually) for football to make the Summit a workable deal.

UND? They're nothing. They dinked around on that nickname issue for THREE YEARS and this is what it got them. USD is in the conference room negotiating, they're outside sitting on their hands. Douple won't lobby as hard for them as he will for USD--why would he?

Comment

Working...
                              X