Trap Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap Game?

Sorry if I sound like a killjoy, but it seems this week's game with ISU-Blue seems like a "trap game"... We've defeated some pretty salty, ranked opponents and now have play a team we've had very little problems with in the past. Seems to me, our guys need to double the intensity this week to avoid getting stung.

Thoughts? Am I justified in being concerned... or am I full of crap as usual? LOL
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Trap Game?

Full of crap

Seriously, at 3-4 you can't be to confident. Also this "trap" team railed the ISU-Red who had beaten us. ISU-blue will rip us apart if we let them. This team has it's back against the wall. There can be no letdown, no mercy given, put necks on the throat and rail anybody in the way 65-0 dammit. 1-0 every week. They believe it now and they see it is working. They know they can't lose or the rest of the season is for pride.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I'm definitely with theee catrabbit on this one. When you are 3-4 there is no such thing as a "trap game".

Comment

Definite trap game. At the Difference Maker's Club tonight John seemed to think they were a good team... and it wasn't just coach speak. They looked great on film and do some things on defense schematically that no one else does. Great quarterback too.

Comment

I can see this both ways.

I agree with the statement that no 3-4 team should be involved in a trap game. There are certain members of this team that know this and I don't see letting off the gas until after the last second of game 11 is done. Or hopefully beyond. The chip on the shoulder is very large.

However, for some reason I can see how this feels like one of those times where we see a low motivation, blah game.

But wouldn't the next week against Mo. St. actually considered to be more of a trap game with the NDSU game the following week? I would say a trap game is usually a "ho-hum" game against a team the week before a "big" game.

Comment

I watched the Sycamores destroy Illinois State a couple weeks ago. If we can slow their offense down, which I think we will, I think we win the game... NDSU slowed them down last week, so I'm thinking we'll do the same. If we allow them to make explosive plays, we're in trouble - obviously.

Comment

What he said. Smart guy, that one.

Comment

I don't think educated fans are underestimating the improvement in the program at Ind St. This is just as tough a contest as the YSU game or WIU game. They present a different look on offense and will be keying on Minnet. We'll need a strong effort from the O-line and TOB, solid running game, excellent special teams, and better play by the secondary.

As explosive as they can be, a win will likely not be out of reach for either team until the 4th quarter ends. So, I don't think of it as a trap game, I think of it as a typical MVFC road game, darn tough to win.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  I don't think educated fans are underestimating the improvement in the program at Ind St. This is just as tough a contest as the YSU game or WIU game. They present a different look on offense and will be keying on Minnet. We'll need a strong effort from the O-line and TOB, solid running game, excellent special teams, and better play by the secondary.

As explosive as they can be, a win will likely not be out of reach for either team until the 4th quarter ends. So, I don't think of it as a trap game, I think of it as a typical MVFC road game, darn tough to win.
                  Exactly, ISUb is tougher than MSU this year in my opinion. Especially at Terre Haute. I'm pretty sure that the guys realize that however. Glad we are catching them now when everyone has had time to realize that they are a good team.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Exactly, ISUb is tougher than MSU this year in my opinion. Especially at Terre Haute. I'm pretty sure that the guys realize that however. Glad we are catching them now when everyone has had time to realize that they are a good team.
                    Exactly. No Illinois State surprise. That damn game still bothers me a little....
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Exactly. No Illinois State surprise. That damn game still bothers me a lot....
                      fixed it for you.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The whole Rabbit team is improving every week.

On offense, Cochart and the TE's stepped up. The O - line next. Last week you could see the growth of the receivers. Rollings sure came on after the drop. Kyle has been leading by example all year long.

TOB - TOB is like a bad beer. The more you drink it, the more you like it. He’s getting better at throwing on the move and on balance. Plus he is starting to hit the open receiver.

Special teams - Priddy could be in the NFL next year. Peter has turned around the field goal team. Brodie has been unreal returning punts. Teams are kicking away from Clare. And the Jacks blocked a key extra point ending a 50 straight extra point streak.

Defensive - The two safeties are head hunting. The rotation opposite Brodie is stepping up. Linebackers are instinctive. D-line still has room to grow.

The team took its lumps earlier in the year and was humbled. They still are humbled. A humbled team does not look ahead and experience trap games. For Pete's sake they aren't even .500 yet.

Stigs mantra from day one in the program is 1-0. They will NOT look past this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post

Special teams - Priddy could be in the NFL next year. Peter has turned around the field goal team. Brodie has been unreal returning punts. Teams are kicking away from Clare. And the Jacks blocked a key extra point ending a 50 straight extra point streak.
                          After watching the Bear vs Redskin's game Sunday (3 hours of my life I can never get back) I'm confident either team would sign him today. What a disaster on many different levels.

As an aside, you know there is a shortage of good QB's when Todd Bouman, Kerry Collins and John Kitna are still playing.

Comment

The offensive line has been tremendous the last three weeks. TOB has had lots of time to throw, and I always love it when Minett gets the ball and starts going full speed right away. When he does that, you know he's not hunting for holes to run through, he sees one and is off to the races.

Coach Meadows has coached them up and the O-line has really come together. Jackrabbit football is fun to watch when our O-line is dominating.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post

But wouldn't the next week against Mo. St. actually considered to be more of a trap game with the NDSU game the following week? I would say a trap game is usually a "ho-hum" game against a team the week before a "big" game.
                              MSU is tougher than most are giving them credit for, they will be a difficult home game. I think all the teams in the MVFC are catching on:EVERY GAME IS A PLAYOFF GAME FROM HERE ON OUT! Failure to realize that will cause some teams to fall to the wayside.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                              X