• Show
Clear All

• Student found dead in Pierson

Just awful.

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/news/st...hall-1.1724290
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Re: Student found dead in Pierson

It was the son of a friend of mine. Words can not express my sorrow.

Comment

Terrible deal.

My thoughts and sympathies go out to family and friends.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

There are some incredibly stupid comments already being made on the Argus website even before any facts are known. Not sure why they allow any comments to be made in a situation like this.

Comment

Tragic. I can't imagine what the parents are going through right now.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Granted, I've said some pretty dumb things on the Argus website, but to automatically say that a kid died because of drinking without ANYTHING pointing that direction is cruel, heartless and prejudiced.

To the family of the young man who passed away, my heart goes out to you. I lost some friends when I was that age and I was pretty shook up about it... I can't even imagine what you are going through.

And to those people that had to be snarky in their comments on the Argus... you're a bunch of G-dda--ed RETARDS!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
              It was the son of a friend of mine. Words can not express my sorrow.
              Please let us know if there is anything we can do for the family at this tragic time.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It appears the Argus might have a shred of decency - it appears they removed the entire comment section. Would they have any possible legal liability if they would have left all the alcohol comments up and it turns out that alcohol was not involved ?

Comment

Heart failure according to a source close to the family

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ATES/101025034

Comment

Aaron was the son of SDSU grads Chad and Suzette Hohwieler. I am sure many of you knew them in college. Chad is better known as Chad McKenzie. He was my partner and spent many years on KELO Radio and TV, and has been at KSOO in SF for the last few years. Chad actually saved Aaron last March when Aaron's heart stopped. Funeral services are set for Thursday at 10am in SF. No word on memorials yet. Again, words can't describe how hard it would be to lose a child, or the sadness I feel for the family.

Comment

Chad was also a founding board member of the Sioux Empire Stater's chapter of the Alumni Association. Aaron was a year behind my son at Washington and they were in the band together. This is a tremendous tragedy. They are truly good people. Chad made my daughters MONTH once by taking the time to actually pay close attention to her as she babbled on about Kids' Jokes. Because of other things going on in our lives at that time, he has no idea how much it meant to me, even though I have tried to tell him. His family will be in our prayers for a long time.

Mike, I was so proud of your response on the Argus Leader today before they pulled the comments. I only got a chance to briefly look at them (thank goodness), and I hope that by your putting your contact info in there it made people stop and think that real individuals are involved.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Thanks 1stRow. As many people know, I am not a big fan of anonymity. I am even less of a fan of anonymous uninformed pompous morons.

Comment

That is absolutely terrible news. I can only imagine the pain the parents are in. My son is in Pierson Hall, I need to call him.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Losing a son or a daughter has to be the toughest thing that can ever happen to a parent. Our families prayers are with the family. God's Speed to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                              Losing a son or a daughter has to be the toughest thing that can ever happen to a parent. Our families prayers are with the family. God's Speed to them.
                              Never was a parent, but from observation, you are very correct and I agree whole heartly.

Comment

Working...
                              X