2010 FCS teams added!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 FCS teams added!

I've just added 2010 FCS teams to the simulation I'm working on. Here's a sample game (hit play again for a different result each time)

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/jo...one&magic=2121

All teams are ranked based on wins/losses strength of schedule, etc... If you'd like an "actual" prediction for a game use the 25 game match up feature.

I'm comfortable with all of the teams overall rankings, I just don't have all the player names/stats perfect just yet. I have about two third the FCS teams player stats added, I'm working on adding the rest in the next day or so.

Like I stated above for a true prediction for an upcoming match up, based on my power rankings, use the 25 game feature.

I thought some may be interested.

Re: 2010 FCS teams added!

The Jacks only win 20 out of 25 match-ups against USD at Coughlin-Alumi?!?! There must be some type of bug in the sytem you're still trying to work out...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
      The Jacks only win 20 out of 25 match-ups against USD at Coughlin-Alumi?!?! There must be some type of bug in the sytem you're still trying to work out...
      more schocking is we only win 16 out of 25 at USD. Then what do computers know anyway.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Have these two teams played this year? If they have and I have them ranked well below I'll check them, maybe I made a mistake.

If not, I'm not sure how you can assume the rankings are inaccurate and YOUR team is far superior to a team they haven't played, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by ebemiss View Post
          Have these two teams played this year? If they have and I have them ranked well below I'll check them, maybe I made a mistake.

If not, I'm not sure how you can assume the rankings are inaccurate and YOUR team is far superior to a team they haven't played, that's all.
          It's a rivalry thing.....

Comment

Yeah, sorry, I was just joking... I didn't mean to offend you. You're predictor thing is pretty cool.

It also said we'd beat NDSU 19 out of 25 times at the Fargo Dome... I'll take those odds!

Comment

I got ya. I just wasn't sure If I made a mistake.

Comment

All team ratings are updated after last week's games (they were done Monday), and ALL teams now have player names and custom team ratings/stats. I did the best I could tracking down the info.

Comment

Here's my top 25 power rankings based on strength of schedule, margin of victory, and a couple other factors. I'm not a big follower of the FCS polls, so I'm not sure how this stacks up. I adjust the teams after each game so eventually it all works out, but this is how they line up right now.

1 Villanova
                  2 Stephen F. Austin
                  3 Delaware
                  4 Appalachian St.
                  5 William & Mary
                  6 New Hampshire
                  7 Wofford
                  8 Georgia Southern
                  9 Chattanooga
                  10 James Madison
                  11 Liberty
                  12 South Dakota St.
                  13 Western Ill.
                  14 Northern Arizona
                  15 Northern Iowa
                  16 Robert Morris
                  17 Jacksonville St.
                  18 Montana
                  19 Richmond
                  20 Furman
                  21 Bethune-Cookman
                  22 Southern Utah
                  23 Sam Houston St.
                  24 Elon
                  25 Massachusetts

Comment

Originally posted by ebemiss View Post
                    Here's my top 25 power rankings based on strength of schedule, margin of victory, and a couple other factors. I'm not a big follower of the FCS polls, so I'm not sure how this stacks up. I adjust the teams after each game so eventually it all works out, but this is how they line up right now.

1 Villanova
                    2 Stephen F. Austin
                    3 Delaware
                    4 Appalachian St.
                    5 William & Mary
                    6 New Hampshire
                    7 Wofford
                    8 Georgia Southern
                    9 Chattanooga
                    10 James Madison
                    11 Liberty
                    12 South Dakota St.
                    13 Western Ill.
                    14 Northern Arizona
                    15 Northern Iowa
                    16 Robert Morris
                    17 Jacksonville St.
                    18 Montana
                    19 Richmond
                    20 Furman
                    21 Bethune-Cookman
                    22 Southern Utah
                    23 Sam Houston St.
                    24 Elon
                    25 Massachusetts

You have to be a graduate from SDSU to have them ranked that high...or even ranked at all. SDSU shouldn't be ranked in any polls.

If they beat Indiana St. and win in Fargo they will deserve to be ranked. They're definitely a better team right now but they still have a lot to prove.

Edit: Wait...was this smack against my own team? Sorry Filbert for smack in a non-smack thread!
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                    X