Name the Jackrabbit Mascot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name the Jackrabbit Mascot

Seriously, this is the best 6 that came from 880 entries?

Briggs
    Dakota Jack
    JAX
    Stater
    Jack
    JR

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ATES/101020020

Am I the only one dissapointed with the final list?

Re: Name the Jackrabbit Mascot

Heh. I thought the same thing.

Not that I have anything better.

I still like plain old Jack the best.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

If these were the best, I would hate to see the rest of the names. I would have voted for jackson or something. I guess there is only so much you can do while picking a name.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think it has to do with the fact that most ppl (like myself) assume his name is JACK and likely that is what it will end up being. It would be interesting to see how many duplicates of the final choices were sent in. I'd bet Jack far out paced the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I think it has to do with the fact that most ppl (like myself) assume his name is JACK and likely that is what it will end up being. It would be interesting to see how many duplicates of the final choices were sent in. I'd bet Jack far out paced the rest.
          Agreed. I don't care what name wins, he's the Jackrabbit to me. Or Jack the Rabbit.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I thought the Briggs option was an interesting pick. At first HM Briggs came to mind and though president when I was student, it seemed odd that they were naming the mascot, after a Iowa Farm boy who took every thing at SDSU very serious, but I forgot about Briggs of Briggs and Stratton being a very early alum, like maybe about the turn of the 19th to the 20th century. He also helped the career of Charles Coughlin at B and S, so his impact seems quite appropriate for recogintion and goes back to the early days of SDSU.

I am leaning towards JR myself, seems very informal, and since everyone young now days talks in acroynms and short language, its seems like the best choice going into the future.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I thought the Briggs option was an interesting pick. At first HM Briggs came to mind and though president when I student, it seemed odd that they were naming the mascot, after a Iowa Farm boy who took every thing at SDSU very serious, but I forgot about Briggs of Briggs and Stratton being a very early alum, like maybe about the turn of the 19th to the 20th century. He also helped the career of Charles Coughlin at B and S, so his impact seems quite appropriate for recogintion and goes back to the early days of SDSU.

I leaning to JR myself seems very informal, and since everyone young now days talks in acroynms and short language, its seems like the best choice going into the future.
              I think there are some good ones there. I kind of like Briggs, too. JR and Jack are my other two favorites. Dakota Jack, Stater, and Jax are non-starters for me.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                I think there are some good ones there. I kind of like Briggs, too. JR and Jack are my other two favorites. Dakota Jack, Stater, and Jax are non-starters for me.
                Sorry, I can't imagine yelling out across the court "Hi Briggs" knowing how many people wouldn't have the slightest idea what was going on (and I certainly don't disrepect either Stephen Briggs or Hilton Briggs, who both meant a lot to SDSU). Have to be Jack or JR for me.

Comment

Well, according to my 10 year old daughter the ONLY answer is to make official what everyone she has ever heard call him: Jack Rabbit. She really thought the whole contest was silly and said she doesn't care what the contest ends with, she will always call him Jack Rabbit. Jack is his first name and Rabbit is his last name.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

My suggestions for his name?

Bon E. Rabbit
                    Ed E. Rabbit
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

He's "The Rabbit" to my kids and I.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

there is something fun about yelling HEY RABBIT while at games.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          Sorry, I can't imagine yelling out across the court "Hi Briggs" knowing how many people wouldn't have the slightest idea what was going on (and I certainly don't disrepect either Stephen Briggs or Hilton Briggs, who both meant a lot to SDSU). Have to be Jack or JR for me.
                          I said I KIND of like Briggs. I voted for Jack as my #1, JR as #2.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            I said I KIND of like Briggs. I voted for Jack as my #1, JR as #2.
                            I think those are my top 2 as well, but none of them are good.

Over on Bisonville someone mentioned 'Thumper' as a possible name (probably sarcastically) and I think that would have been good. It would have been actually somewhat creative.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

How about Dennis Hopper?
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X