Jack's vs Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack's vs Drake

Jack's made Drake work hard for a five set win.Ladies are on the cusp of breaking out & making a statement .Work hard & get into the tournement,then it's a whole new "post" season for all the summit teams,regardless of record.Finish 7-0 & you'll make up the two games on ORU,i'm pretty sure they won't go 7-0.The great game against a very good Drake team tells me this team can beat anyone in the Summit when they play as a team like they did against Drake (all those personal best's)If they try hard & come out a little short, at least they'll have the satisfaction of knowing they gave it thier best shot.Really proud of the way they can play when they put thier mind to it.Good job.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-20-2010, 11:30 AM.

Re: Jack's vs Drake

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Jack's made Drake work hard for a five set win.Ladies are on the cusp of breaking out & making a statement .Work hard & get into the tournement,then it's a whole new "post" season for all the summit teams,regardless of record.Finish 7-0 & you'll make up the two games on Oakland,i'm pretty sure they won't go 7-0.The great game against a very good Drake team tells me this team can beat anyone in the Summit when they play as a team like they did against Drake (all those personal best's)If they try hard & come out a little short, at least they'll have the satisfaction of knowing they gave it thier best shot.Really proud of the way they can play when they put thier mind to it.Good job.

Being up 2-0 and losing 3-2, IMO is lack of concentration, no different than FB(Montana), no different than W-BB(UMKC last year) no different than M-BB(NDSU last year). Maybe I'm waaaay off and I very well could be considering I don't follow VB that much, but I'm pretty sure we would be pretty dissapointed if this was an equvalent outcome for any of our other sports. So not sure why it's acceptable in VB? I'm hoping it's not to the VB Players and coaches.

Go Jacks!!
    Last edited by propar80; 10-20-2010, 11:42 AM.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      If being up 2-0 and losing 5-3, IMO is lack of concentration, no different than FB(Montana), no different than W-BB(UMKC last year) no different than M-BB(NDSU last year). Maybe I'm waaaay off and I very well could be considering I don't follow VB that much, but I'm pretty sure we would be pretty dissapointed if this was an equvalent outcome for any of our other sports. So not sure why it's acceptable in VB? I'm hoping it's not to the VB Players and coaches.

Go Jacks!!
      It's about making the post season,like the football team,can't lose anymore,that's the point i was trying to make.Guess i didn't do a very good job at doing that.

Comment

I thought the team played very well against a highly ranked opponent last night. I believe Drake is #56 rpi (or something like that). I'm no VB expert, but with Fiegen going down during pregame, our rotation was shorter...looked like tired legs the last set and a half. But, it was still entertaining and they fought hard. Again, if you haven't been to a VB match, check one out. They are home again Fri/Sat!
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...34/1002/sports

This team has talent. I'm afraid it lacks coaching. That's a real bummer, because Brewer has recruited well, and will be a good coach eventually.

But she can't get these players to execute consistently at the level they're capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...34/1002/sports

This team has talent. I'm afraid it lacks coaching. That's a real bummer, because Brewer has recruited well, and will be a good coach eventually.

But she can't get these players to execute consistently at the level they're capable of.
            So clever!

It's *almost* like you are referencing something else on this board in a witty way!
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
              So clever!

It's *almost* like you are referencing something else on this board in a witty way!
              I'm flattered that you're following me around like this.

Comment

yes she is a great recruiter! she has to light a little fire under herself and then them- make them understand the urgency.... they appeat to not get that...

Comment

As a footnote to this thread...admitedly late...if Lexi Fowler (currently listed as the only setter on the team besides TR) can do the job...I think next year's team is going to be a conference contender. We have the other elements in place IMHO. The setter position is so important IMO and just hope we get the performance we need there. Congratulations to the team and coaches on the weekend sweep!!

Comment

Working...
                  X