On to YSU and Hobo Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On to YSU and Hobo Day

It's the most wonderful time of the season!
    Hobo Day! YSU is continually a team on the cusp of winning games. Their frustration has to be mounting and they probably feel like a team with their backs to the wall. Good thing we are a team with our backs to the wall as well.
    Things I would like to see this weekend: Minett scoring 5 TD's. Simple enough

No, really the defense is really doing a great job with just giving a little bend and not breaking. I would like to see no bend at all. Cochart is doing what he is supposed to be doing. Minett and Duffy are running behind a confident Oline now. TOB is making the plays he is supposed to be. PR/KR has been doing great.
    They need to clean up the FG unit, this could be huge, maybe not this game but soon.
    Gear up again Jacks fans! last crowd was great, let's do it again!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: On to YSU and Hobo Day

FYI:

Here's the YSU fan board:

http://www.ysupenguins.com/forum/

Youngstown newspaper sports:

http://www.vindy.com/news/sports/ysu/

YSU is 1-3 in the conference, but two of those losses (NDSU, WIU) have been of the last-minute variety. They appear to be much improved from the mess the program was the last two years. They had 293 rushing yards against WIU this week.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

And gave up 178 yds rushing to WIU. Watching the game last night, at times WIU was running up the middle at will. The Jacks should have a big game rushing Hobo Day.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Here is the FAR BETTER and NICER LOOKING YSU Fan Board:
        http://letsgoguins.com

Needless to say, YSU is going through perhaps the toughest three losses in a row the program has experienced in a long, long time.

-At Missouri State. We went up 17-0 before giving MSU the lead 28-25. On 3rd and 12 Kirby threw a bomb for a TD with a few mins left to make it 35-25.

-VS. North Dakota State. Stephen Blose hit a 38 yard field goal with around 51 seconds to go to give YSU a 29-28 lead on the Bison. After a kickoff to the 20 returned to the 45, NDSU went deep over the middle past our weak defense for a touchdown to win 34-29.

-At Western Illinois, YSU went up 38-34 with 5 minutes to play and were stopped on 3rd and 4 with 2+ minutes left in the game, forcing the Penguins to punt. WIU started their drive at the 20 and drove down the field before scoring on a pass from Barr to Senatus, although Senatus' foot was clearly out of bounds per the MVFC TV Broadcast and announcers, yet they gave him the touchdown anyways, but I digress.

Needless to say YSU could not hold onto leads of 17, 10, and 10 respectively over the past three weeks. Our offense is the best it has looked in years led by Redshirt Freshman QB Kurt Hess guiding our offense, with Sophomore Jamaine Cook and true Freshman Adaris Bellamy (Rivals 4 star) leading the powerful YSU rushing attack. Our defense is just flat out bad after losing Sir Demarco Bledsoe (TCU transfer) to disciplinary reasons, as well as starting LB Na'eem Outler to disciplinary reasons, and starting LB Taylor Hill (Michigan transfer) to grades. We are starting freshman at safety in D'Alesio and at corner in Boatwright.

We are the best 3-4 team in the FCS I can assure you of that. We are three plays away from being 5-2 or 6-1.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post

We are the best 3-4 team in the FCS I can assure you of that.
          And we are the best 2-4 team in the FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            I knew someone had to say it!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              And soon SDSU will be the best 3-4 team in the FCS!

(That's after a win this weekend for all you smart people)
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Here is the FAR BETTER and NICER LOOKING YSU Fan Board:
                http://letsgoguins.com

Needless to say, YSU is going through perhaps the toughest three losses in a row the program has experienced in a long, long time.

-At Missouri State. We went up 17-0 before giving MSU the lead 28-25. On 3rd and 12 Kirby threw a bomb for a TD with a few mins left to make it 35-25.

-VS. North Dakota State. Stephen Blose hit a 38 yard field goal with around 51 seconds to go to give YSU a 29-28 lead on the Bison. After a kickoff to the 20 returned to the 45, NDSU went deep over the middle past our weak defense for a touchdown to win 34-29.

-At Western Illinois, YSU went up 38-34 with 5 minutes to play and were stopped on 3rd and 4 with 2+ minutes left in the game, forcing the Penguins to punt. WIU started their drive at the 20 and drove down the field before scoring on a pass from Barr to Senatus, although Senatus' foot was clearly out of bounds per the MVFC TV Broadcast and announcers, yet they gave him the touchdown anyways, but I digress.

Needless to say YSU could not hold onto leads of 17, 10, and 10 respectively over the past three weeks. Our offense is the best it has looked in years led by Redshirt Freshman QB Kurt Hess guiding our offense, with Sophomore Jamaine Cook and true Freshman Adaris Bellamy (Rivals 4 star) leading the powerful YSU rushing attack. Our defense is just flat out bad after losing Sir Demarco Bledsoe (TCU transfer) to disciplinary reasons, as well as starting LB Na'eem Outler to disciplinary reasons, and starting LB Taylor Hill (Michigan transfer) to grades. We are starting freshman at safety in D'Alesio and at corner in Boatwright.

We are the best 3-4 team in the FCS I can assure you of that. We are three plays away from being 5-2 or 6-1.
                After our playoff loss last year, I think Jacks fans can feel your pain in letting what seemed like a sure win slip away. For what it's worth, the way we played earlier in the season, we're just three plays away from being 2-4 on the year. But we are 2-0 in the last 2 weeks and seem to have our mojo back.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

According to Gojacks online ticket purchasing, it looks like their are only 669 reserved tickets left.

Comment

Don't know about all of FCS, but you better hope you are the best 3-4 team in the MVFC because we just stomped the other one on their home turf.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Isn't this where we are the most comfortable? Backs against the wall? Every win matters? Chip on our shoulders?

"The winner will be showered with praise. The loser will be booed and taunted until my throat is sore." ---Homer Simpson

Comment

The weather forecast continues to improve. We're now approaching near perfect fall football weather. Mostly sunny, 59 degrees and 10 per cent chance of rain. A couple days ago, the forecast suggested a 30 per cent chance of rain and slightly lower temps. We're on a trend! 60 degrees and sunny is great football weather.

Prediction: If not the largest crowd ever to watch a football game in SD, it will be in the top three.

Bring friends! It'll be a classic Hobo Day.

Comment

YSU is a better team than their record shows but this game should come down to 1 thing- turnovers! I'll take the Nebraska game out even though SDSU won the battle there by a 2-3 margin.
                          In SDSU's 3 loses, they've turned the ball over 10 times. They lost the battle by margins of 3-1, 3-0 and 4-1.
                          In the games they've won, they didn't turn it over more than once. The margins were 1-0 and 0-2.
                          That means they average .5 turnovers in their wins and 3.33 turnovers in their loses. I know there are other things like penalties, dropped passes, etc... but I think this will determine the game. If SDSU has 2 or less turnovers, they win win. More than that and it might be a loss.

Comment

YSU is much improved, but their defense is clearly suspect. I think we'll be able to run the ball to control the clock and set up the safe passing game. And I expect our defense is more physical than some YSU has seen.

YSU 14
                            SDSU 24

Attendance: 15,490
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think this one rests on the Defenses shoulders now that we have to offense clicking, and that YSU doesn't seem to be the strongest D in the conference. Not to worried about moving the ball on them. More worried about holding down their O because it sounds like they have a pretty solid attack there. The D really needs to step up. Yea we only gave up 3 to SIU, but they aren't the most prolific offense in the conference methinks. But Defense is more emotion than Offense is, so I think they feed off of the Hobo Day atomosphere.

Oh and one thing that noone has mentioned yet. YSU is a team that comes out of the gate like a ball of fire and then tend to play like crap in the 2nd half. Their last couple of losses have been a team coming back from behind from a good margin to win. Meanwhile, we tend to come out like molasses in January, have we scored in the 1st quarter yet this year? I think I heard them say that on WNAX that we haven't yet. If we let them jump to a big lead that may cause us to get away from Minnet, and we can't afford to do that IMO. But I say we weather the storm, and even score our first 1st quarter pts.

Jacks 32
                              Guins 6
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                              X