J.Lohr - Nice recognition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.Lohr - Nice recognition!

Just read in the Wine Enthusiast the following for nominees for “American Winery”.

“J.Lohr is making some of the most interesting wines in California, at a wide variety of price points, and is at the forefront of the quality revolutions in Monterey County (for white wines and Paso Robles (for reds).

Now America’s 16th largest winery, with case sales of one million annually,
    the company continues to expand, including through a range of second labels.”

Re: J.Lohr - Nice recognition!

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Just read in the Wine Enthusiast the following for nominees for “American Winery”.

“J.Lohr is making some of the most interesting wines in California, at a wide variety of price points, and is at the forefront of the quality revolutions in Monterey County (for white wines and Paso Robles (for reds).

Thanks Roy for finding this on Jerry. His is a phenomenal story and right now I am so glad he is enjoying life with his wife...they are quite a couple! A special thanks to Jerry Lohr for all he has done for his alma mater!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Thanks Roy for finding this on Jerry. His is a phenomenal story and right now I am so glad he is enjoying life with his wife...they are quite a couple! A special thanks to Jerry Lohr for all he has done for his alma mater!!
      My congratulations to Jerry as well. I believe he graduated from a closed high school called Logan that was in Clark county.

I often wondered if his alma mater Logan high school still stands. So many of our greats seem to have come from very humble beginnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        My congratulations to Jerry as well. I believe he graduated from a closed high school called Logan that was in Clark county.

I often wondered if his alma mater Logan high school still stands. So many of our greats seem to have come from very humble beginnings.
        I grew up about 5 miles from where the site of the school house used to be. It is now just a site for grain bins. Jerry was the sponsor for my scholarship for a couple of years and I have developed a relationship with him. When he is back in Clark he calls my phone to see if I'm around to go walk his land with him! Peggy Miller once told me that it must be something in the water up there that produces nice people. Jerry Lohr, Laird Larson, and Shannon Schlagel just to name a few.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I thought Logan was just a country elementary school and I think Jerry graduated from Raymond High School (closed some years back). Younger siblings of Jerry were graduated from Clark High School.

Comment

that would be correct!
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think I feel like drinking some good wine tonight to show support to a great SDSU Alum. I have been to many SDSU events but have yet to have the pleasure of meeting him. Sucsessful, generous, and still the same person he was growing up in rural SD. Not a bad way to go through life.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

I went with the 2008 7 oaks paso robles, now I forget the rest. Either way it was good. Wife is more of a White Zin fan so she didn't care much but went well with Lasgana for dinner.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I went with the 2008 7 oaks paso robles, now I forget the rest. Either way it was good. Wife is more of a White Zin fan so she didn't care much but went well with Lasgana for dinner.
                  The Paso Robles (Seven Oaks) is his best wine and we love it too. But for another one for you, try the Monterey Valdegue another time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    The Paso Robles (Seven Oaks) is his best wine and we love it too. But for another one for you, try the Monterey Valdegue another time.
                    I am not much of a wino so I really do not know much, but for a dark red wine it was very good I thought, which are usually the wines I like least. I thought it was a perfect match for lasagna.

I will write in down for the next time I am at the store.

Comment

My favorite wine is Old Mil Light.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Gee, I was just thinking I'm getting low on Hamms.

Comment

OMG...there's actually a Hamm's drinker on the board. (Must be an import from the land of the sky blue waters.)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcIT0Tb5aEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83xxWCel8g

I can't say that I ever learned to like Hamm's, but I loved their commercials when I was a kid. Sorry to contribute to the thread drift.
                            An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

And the winner is (via J. Lohr email) ...

Wine Enthusiast Magazine Names
                              J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines
                              “American Winery of the Year”
                              We are proud to announce that J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines was just named the “2010 American Winery of the Year” by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Here at J. Lohr, we see this rare honor as both a celebration of our recent accomplishments and a testament to 38 years of passionate winegrowing and winemaking. It is also a tribute to our dedicated team (many of whom have been with us for decades) and our loyal customers. We hope you will join us in raising a glass of J. Lohr wine as we celebrate this very special accolade.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X