Sporting News Ranks Best Sports Towns in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporting News Ranks Best Sports Towns in America

My apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Sporting News recently ranked the best sports towns in America. And they went very deep into their rankings -- 402 cities in all. Our beloved Brookings was ranked 198th. Ahead of Fargo, Vermillion, and Grand Forks (which was WAAAY down the list).

Here's the link: http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/feed...st-sports-city

And what's with Minneapolis-St. Paul at 13th? Behind places like Phoenix, Denver, and Miami? You gotta be kidding!

Re: Sporting News Ranks Best Sports Towns in America

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
    My apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Sporting News recently ranked the best sports towns in America. And they went very deep into their rankings -- 402 cities in all. Our beloved Brookings was ranked 198th. Ahead of Fargo, Vermillion, and Grand Forks (which was WAAAY down the list).

Here's the link: http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/feed...st-sports-city

And what's with Minneapolis-St. Paul at 13th? Behind places like Phoenix, Denver, and Miami? You gotta be kidding!
    Grand Forks ranked behind Mankato?

Comment

Re: Sporting News Ranks Best Sports Towns in America

Good post!

One has to wonder what criteria was employed (maybe just a few guys sitting around drinking beer, almanacs and maps in hand, having a few laughs) but it's a fun read. Vermillion (202) was surprisingly close to Brookings (198). Fargo (217) surprisingly distant from Vermillion and Brookings. And you have to wonder if the authors of the article went to a hockey game in Grand Forks and had a beer poured on them, causing that 346 placement.
      Last edited by JackJD; 10-13-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X